Project Manager Sustainable Agriculture Education +1 more
- Date Posted August 05, 2022
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Founded in 2001, SAGE revitalizes sustainable urban-edge agriculture, fosters healthy local and regional food systems, and connects diverse urban communities with the people and places that grow their food.
Through our two linked programs – Urban-Edge Agricultural Revitalization and Urban-Rural Connections – SAGE works to revitalize agricultural places that sustain, contain and define cities and to connect urban and rural communities for their mutual benefit.
- Cultivate urban-edge places that model sustainable agriculture integrated with resilient communities
- Broaden the community of supporters for urban-edge farming
- Provide expertise, resources, tools and convening opportunities that strengthen local and regional food systems, integrated with regional resilience frameworks
As a lean, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization, we use a collaborative approach to develop pioneering projects and provide technical servicesin the Bay Area and beyond. Our partners and clients include public agencies, land trusts, farmers and agricultural associations, planning and economic consultancy firms, public-interest organizations, educators, health experts, and urban and rural community groups.
We work with long-term consultants on many of our projects and for our administrations and development needs.Job description
Sustainable Agriculture Education (SAGE) is seeking a full time Project Manager to provide research, writing, communications, and project coordination on a range of projects, most of which focus on multi-benefit agriculture and regional food systems as foundations for climate resilience and equity. This position also supports SAGE administration and development with grant writing and reporting, data management and communications, and will support the SAGE Consulting Group now in formation. This is an opportunity to be part of SAGE’s small dedicated team and connect with its extensive network of collaborators and colleagues, while bringing complementary experience, knowledge, and networks. It is also an opportunity for an individual to bring their own drive and creativity to SAGE’s entrepreneurial and whole-systems approach.
● Overall project management and management of streams of work within projects
● Qualitative and quantitative desk research
● Stakeholder engagement, coordination and communications
● Writing and producing findings and reports in print, web and presentation formats
● Funder research, grant writing and reporting, and fundraising support
● Support for project conceptualization and development
● Communications, including management of Salesforce and WordPress website
● Administration of the SAGE Nonprofit Consulting group
● BA in relevant field preferred
● Excellent project management skills
● Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
● Excellent communications, collaboration and organizational skills
● Ability to work independently and with a team
● Aptitude for the challenges and opportunities of being part of a small, entrepreneurial organization
● Expertise in multiple office software systems
● Experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite preferred
● Experience with website design and website design softwares
● Ability and willingness to learn new softwares related to data management and website design
● Grant writing experience preferred
● Multidisciplinary background relevant to resilient food and agriculture systems
About SAGE: SAGE (www.sagecenter.org) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization dedicated to revitalizing multi-functional agriculture near cities and fostering vital food systems that connect urban and rural communities. SAGE develops frameworks, action plans and model projects at the intersection of healthy food, regional sustainable agriculture and resilient communities.
Scheduling, Workplace, and Compensation: Position is full time (75% time possible). Hours are somewhat flexible with weekly tasks and scheduled meetings. Workplace is the SAGE office in the David Brower Center with some off-site work also welcome. Compensation is in the range of $75 K - $95 K, depending on the candidate’s experience.Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineSeptember 06, 2022