Prep Chef Spence school
- Date Posted September 09, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Education
- Job type Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities include:
GENERAL - Morning/Afternoon
- Assist with everyday kitchen prep as needed for salad bar and hot side.
- Follow directions from head chef for preparation of all foods (washing, chopping, cutting).
- Assist with other tasks in the kitchen as necessary. Flexibility is key in this position.
- Assist with lunch service.
- Help replenish salad bars.
- Assist in cleaning dining room.
- Assist kitchen staff with execution for catered events – prepping, assisting during events and with break down.
- Help maintain a pleasant, professional and productive working environment as well as maintaining a welcoming atmosphere to the students and faculty.
- Help keep overall kitchen clean and sanitary (equipment, floors, walk-ins, dry goods, front of house, deep cleaning projects when time allows).
- Follow sustainable practices as much as possible.
- Comply with quality standards and procedures for serving food. (ServeSafe).
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
- 1-2 years kitchen experience
- Highly collaborative and flexible individual who works well with others to achieve a common goal.
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP), sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Passionate about food and educating young people about nutrition.
- Engaging, friendly, and community-oriented.