Private Event Sales Associate Housing Works
- Date Posted September 16, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
We have a Private Event Sales Associate / Operations Assistant position available at our much-loved Bookstore Cafe in Soho. Join us and make a difference.
This is a key sales associate and operational support position for private events held at the Housing Works Bookstore, assisting the Director of Private Events. The Sales Associate/Operations Assistant will be involved in all aspects of sales and operations of private events, with a goal to bring in new business, respond to inquiries, interface with clients, and provide tours of the venue. This position requires a reliable, trustworthy individual with a strong sense of accountability, excellent organization skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Handle inquiries for events, process new quotes, and contracts
- Conduct all meetings and answer client queries for assigned events from contract signing through second planning meeting
- Keep event calendar updated Hire venue staff for all private events
- Execute private events
- Assist the Events Team with all logical aspects of event management, production and preparation, and execution of events
- Maintain accurate inventory of beverage product, and events equipment
- Place and receive orders, including beverage and rental and check for accuracy
- Maintain and communicate a continuous and recognizable standard of event execution, services and goods
- Assist with marketing and social media efforts promoting private events
- Organize and maintain events storage areas, facilities and storage upkeep
- Assist the Events Team in logistical maneuvers for event execution, including but not limited to, driving a van and loading items in and out of facilities
- Attend and participate in all Events
- Team meetings Track and follow-up on all equipment and facilities maintenance
- Participate in at least four direction action per year aimed at ending the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS Know the Housing Works mission statement and be able to inform and discuss with customers, volunteers, and donors
- Embody the Housing Works values of Stronger Together, High Performance, Membership, and All Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or Equivalent Knowledge of Excel preferred
- Knowledge of SalesForce or other CRM database preferred
- Knowledge of Square or other POS system preferred
- Serve Safe Certification preferred TIPS certification required
- Some flexibility in hours/scheduling required; including occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays
The following additional competencies are viewed as important to success in this position:
- Self-starting, self-motivating mindset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excels under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with little supervision with a hands-on approach
- Ability to multi-task
- Required to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for long periods of time Ability to go up and down stairs frequently
- Frequently required to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a supportive team and friendly work environment.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline