OMS Manager & Volunteer Coordinator OSL (Operation Sack Lunch) +1 more
- Date Posted September 20, 2022
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Operating on the premise that nutritional excellence is a right we are born to and not a privilege we earn, OSL continues to be a lifeline to nutritious meals for our most challenged and compromised citizens. OSL is unique in that it is critical to Seattle’s emergency meal system. Those we serve are often unable to access food in more conventional ways and our Outdoor Meal Site is the last line of defense for those in our community living directly on the streets. Our service is consistent in all ways. Serving three nutritionally dense meals a day, seven days a week, year round, to those struggling with hunger, we are always on time, our meals are always excellent, and our staff and volunteers are always respectful and caring. This consistency provides our guests with a way to ward off starvation, and partake in an excellent meal, and stability in an otherwise unstable world.Job description
OSL VOLUNTEER AND OMS MANAGER/COORDINATOR
The Volunteer Coordinator provides staff support to OSL volunteers ensuring that volunteers involved with the OSL program receive sound consistent leadership. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for volunteer supervision and coordination of tasks. The Volunteer Coordinator supports OSL’s efforts to cultivate community involvement in and support for the vision, mission, and programs of OSL. This position supports outreach, education, and volunteer programs that inspire community members and organizations to join in the vital work of OSL through volunteerism, financial, and in-kind donations. The position interacts frequently with internal programs and external community partners and provides general support to the Executive Director and Operations Director.
The OMS (Open Meal Site) Manager manages and facilitates all aspects of OMS. This position provides oversight of OSL ambassadors and OMS guests before, during, and after meal periods. OMS meals may be served indoors, in a to-go style, or a hybrid of both.
Salary for this position is $65K annually. Benefits include 100% employer paid preventative medical coverage, 100% employer paid dental coverage, $300 monthly transportation stipend, and generous leave package.
The Volunteer Coordinator & OMS Manager is hired by the Executive Director, and reports directly to the Executive Director, and in their absence, to the Operations Director. Performance evaluations will be given by the ED and/or OD.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to)
- Complete the Volunteer Training provided by United Way
- Responding to all Volunteer Office phone, email, and walk-in inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Scheduling and promoting volunteer orientations
- Review tasks and assign appropriate volunteers.
- Creating and maintenance of an updated volunteer database; name, address, phone, company or school (if applicable) and email
- Input and track data on OSL database program.
- Help develop initial daily tasks and on-going strategies to insure continued volunteer involvement
- Insure each volunteer has a donation packet with a donation envelope
- Accompany corporate, civic, faith and school group volunteers to midday meal at meal site
- Review and ensure distribution of volunteer court reports for Community Service.
- Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers as needed and when requested.
- Maintain volunteer files in office.
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program.
- Schedule and conduct volunteers for Outdoor Meal Site Projects quarterly.
- Compile statistical volunteer/client surveys as required by the City of Seattle.
- Assist in volunteer appreciation events.
- Complete employment time sheets weekly
- Attend conferences/seminars/meetings as requested by the Executive Director.
- Ensure indoor dining room is set, and stocked for service
- Manage OSL Ambassadors
- Ensure OMS guests are served in a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable environment
- Ensure all Health Department codes are being followed at all times
- Inventory and ordering of necessary OMS supplies
- Ensure sanitation and janitorial standards are being upheld both indoors and outdoors
- Other duties as may be assigned by OSL Leadership
OTHER JOB DUTIES INCLUDE
There will be many days when there are no volunteer groups to work with. During these times the volunteer co-coordinator position will share office responsibilities that help with the overall operations of the organization.
- Provide office coverage as assigned by the ED or OD, including but not limited to answering phones, mailings, research, general office duties, filing, reports,
- Pinch hit in kitchen where and when needed
- Participate in OSL fundraising events when needed
This position requires clear and respectful communication skills; verbal and written, a positive attitude, and an eagerness to work in a team environment. A key element in the success of this program will be transparent communication between the Volunteer Coordinator, the ED and the OD. The ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic about learning new skills and creating a welcoming volunteer environment.
This is a full time position, 40 hours/week, with flexibility required due to organizational needs.
OSL maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace. OSL is an equal opportunity employer serving people of various communities and backgrounds. OSL is committed to being fully inclusive, diverse and antiracist, and we encourage women, BIPOC, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline