Part Time Prep Cook The Hamlin School +2 more
- Date Posted September 22, 2022
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Hamlin is a vibrant and inclusive community that expects and encourages diversity of thought, experience, and beliefs. Thus, we actively seek the honest perspectives of people who differ from each other in culture, ethnicity, family structure, financial resources, gender identity, learning profile, physical ability, race, religion, and sexual orientation. All members of the Hamlin community share responsibility for its well-being, and each person plays an active role in making space for us to be our authentic selves. We join this community with a courageous commitment to personal and collective growth. We show compassion to each other, knowing that true learning involves mistakes and imperfection. We treat each other with respect as we celebrate both our interdependence and our individual differences.
Our food program is not only central to our commitment to health and wellness at Hamlin; the program also deepens the sense of belonging and inclusivity that is felt on our campus. The Hamlin food program celebrates the ethnic and religious diversity of the community; our time spent in the dining room reinforces the simple yet profound goals of learning from each other, respecting and valuing our differences, and building a joyful community. Job description JOB DESCRIPTION
The Hamlin School Kitchen is a farm to school cafeteria serving 550 students and faculty daily. We pride ourselves on creating healthy, delicious food sourced from local growers in our scratch kitchen. We are currently seeking a part time Prep Cook to assist in preparing a menu of visually appealing, high quality foods on our salad and hot food stations. We offer family friendly work hours and excellent pay. This position is 7:00 am-12:30 pm Monday-Thursday with no weekends and very few evenings required.
The Part Time Prep Cook is responsible for the following:
- Prepare: Prepare a seasonally driven daily salad in sufficient quantities for 500. Assist in cutting and washing a variety of local and seasonal fruits and vegetables for use our daily hot menu and cold salad bar.
- Ensure: Salad station is beautifully presented and sufficiently prepped for daily service feeding our 550 students and staff
- Follow daily prep list in order of priority for salad and sandwich bars
- Assist with daily lunch service in a high volume school cafeteria (replenishing food and tidying)
- Assist with food production as needed.
- Help maintain a pleasant, professional and productive working environment as well as maintaining a welcoming atmosphere to the students and faculty.
- Help keep kitchen clean and sanitary (equipment, floors, walk-ins, dry goods, front of house, deep cleaning projects when time allows).
- Follow sustainable practices as much as possible.
- Experience with from scratch production; excellent cooking skills are essential
- Experience cooking for children
- Culinary Degree or 3 years+ industry experience
- Basic problem-solving skills and ability to multitask
- Sense of urgency and ability to work within a safe manner
- Ability to follow all company policies in areas of attendance, safety, sanitation and safe food handling
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline