Prep Cook Nitehawk Cinema +1 more
- Date Posted September 22, 2022
- Location brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Nitehawk Cinema is New York’s premier dine-in theater, pairing exemplary first-run and repertory film programming along with tableside food and beverage service.
Nitehawk strives to enhance the cinematic experience with a creative framework by providing a specialty menu with fresh, local ingredients inspired by the films we love; archival 35mm projection; and special guest Q&As;.
Our weekend brunch and midnite repertory screenings span a wide range of films, from 35mm rarities to new independent features. Each of our screenings begin with a house-made thirty-minute “pre-show” filled with content inspired by the film.
Nitehawk Prospect Park houses seven screens, with theaters ranging in size from 48 seats to 194 seats. Nitehawk’s upstairs bar offers full-service food and drinks, and features handcrafted cocktails, local brews and spirits from regional distillers.
Nitehawk Williamsburg is a triplex, hosting 92, 60, and 34-seat theaters. Lo-Res, Nitehawk’s downstairs bar, offers full-service food and drink, and outdoor seating during the warmer months, and features handcrafted cocktails, local brews and spirits from regional distillers.
The line cooks is an integral part in creating the guest experience we pursue at Nitehawk Cinema. Their product is what sets us above and apart from other theaters. It is their responsibility to execute the set recipes in a timely manner during service. It is also the responsibility of the line cook to upkeep and maintain all kitchen areas in a clean and DOH regulated manner. This position reports to the Chef on duty or Lead Line Cook.
- Setting up stations in an efficient and sanitary fashion
- Cooking all items to the exact specifications given by the chefs and found on the build sheets or recipe book
- The cleaning and clearing of all areas in the kitchen.
- Prep work assigned to the line cook following all instructions in the recipe book
- The stocking of all hand wash stations, ensuring all are filled with paper towels and soap
- The filling and replenishing of sanitizer buckets, on the line and in the prep area
- The restocking of stations to ensure an organized handover for the next person working the station
- Maintaining cleanliness of all kitchen equipment
- The organization and cleaning of all walk-ins, refrigerators, and shelving
- Speaking with a Chef for all needs in regards to equipment, tasks, and schedule
- Maintain a respectful and cordial relationship with your co-workers. Speak with a manager to resolve disputes should they arrive.
- Any other related task as requested by a manager of Nitehawk Cinema
- Basic knowledge of food preparation, knife skills, portion control and overall service.
- Ability to follow menus and recipes ensuring that all food items are consistent.
- Ability to prepare meals with dietary restrictions.
- Maintains proper methods of handling and storing food.
- Has a general understanding of cooking techniques, recipes, allergy concerns and problem solving.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop or kneel. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 12 hours). In this position you will frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds..Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline