Harvest Floor Manager Home Place Pastures
- Date Posted September 23, 2022
- Location Como, MS
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job type Full-Time
The Bartlett family has farmed the Home Place for 150 years. The 5th generation starts the next chapter by running a vertically integrated, pasture based beef, pork, and lamb farm on our land east of Como, Mississippi. Please join us as we regenerate our land, raise wholesome food, and revitalize our rural economy. Job description
Harvest Floor Manager
HOME PLACE PASTURES
1789 HOME PLACE RD
COMO, MS 38619
(662) 426- 6223
Home Place Pastures is a 5th-generation family farm transitioning from row cropping to a vertically-integrated, sustainable, pastured meat operation. Home Place produces Certified Humane, heritage breed pork, grass-fed beef and lamb in outdoor production systems without the use of antibiotics. Our farming practices focus on animal welfare and the health of our soils. We operate a USDA-inspected slaughter and processing facility and a retail butcher shop on the farm. We service roughly 100 restaurants and retail accounts each week, from Nashville to New Orleans, with our fresh product. Additionally, we operate a growing meat subscription program, which ships out each month via FedEx.
Home Place Pastures is seeking a Harvest Floor Manager to ensure our animal welfare and food safety standards are carried out during our livestock harvest process. Schedule will be Monday through Friday and position will include the following responsibilities:
- Oversee harvest crew of 3 to maintain quality and ensure production quotas are met
- Handle livestock in handling system according to Humane Handling plan
- Effectively stun beef and pork according to stunning and Humane Handling procedures
- Complete routine scenario-based training for potential equipment failure and human error during stunning, under supervision
- Complete daily HACCP and Humane Handling paperwork
- Learn HACCP plans and maintain HP food safety standards and records
- Learn to operate and perform equipment maintenance on harvest floor
- Learn processing equipment and cold storage systems to execute preventative maintenance and repair broken equipment when necessary
- Contribute to company strategy for growth and increasing efficiency
- Monday through Friday: 8am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch
This will be a dynamic role involving multiple skill sets. Home Place prides itself on a special work environment where teamwork, dedication, and creativity are highly valued. This position provides a great learning opportunity and a chance to become a valued team member of an energetic, innovative, and growing local business. Interest in local food systems and sustainable agriculture is a plus. Some industry/HACCP experience is preferred.
- Paid vacation time
- Overtime pay after 40 hours per work week
- Employee discount for all HPP products
- Access to company health care plan*
Based on experience - hourly rate will be discussed during interview
*If employee elects to join company health care plan, HPP pays 20 percent of monthly cost. This percentage increases based on performance and time worked. Employee is responsible for the remaining balance.
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $17.00 - $19.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineOctober 28, 2022