Lead Chef WoodSpoon
- Date Posted September 29, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
WoodSpoon connects chefs to customers who are ordering right now. We facilitate the logistics of packaging, pickup, and delivery. To put it simply, we bring the customers and provide the logistics, and let you focus on developing your menu and cooking delicious meals!
WoodSpoon will supply you with all ingredients needed and ensure that you have properly branded packaging dropped off at your home.
We are looking for chefs to cook both classic & unique dishes from the comfort of their own kitchens. WoodSpoon is a distinctive experience for chefs who are looking to step outside the typical restaurant role.
This is a unique opportunity to flex your creative cooking skills and to curate 3 or 4 menus based on your own flair - the best part, it’s around your own schedule! We are looking for chefs who can commit to 20-40 hours per week.
While you focus on the cooking, WoodSpoon will handle the rest: logistics of delivery, packaging, payment processing, marketing, and liability insurance.
We are looking for talented chefs who:
- Has experience cooking for large volumes of orders, without a dedicated team of prep cooks or sous chefs
- Specializes in a primary cuisine that will resonate with customers, and is skilled at cooking at least 2 other secondary cuisines.
- Has passed and is holding valid food-safety certification
- Know how to make food look good - presentation is key! We want to give our clients the best experience possible, and the visual is a vital part of that.
- Ability to create manageable and unique menus that will resonate with potential customers
- Can commit to working at least 35-45 hours per week, with one weekend day preferred
- Ability to create and cook menus with 12-15 items, on-demand for customers to order