General Manager Rooftop Reds
- Date Posted November 11, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Education
- Job type Full-Time
In the spring of 2016, Rooftop Reds launched the world’s first commercially-viable urban rooftop vineyard in Brooklyn. Our mission is ambitious, going well beyond merely bringing viticulture to the urban agriculture industry. Rooftop Reds is spearheading innovation in the New York State wine market and planting the seeds for a new generation of viticulture enthusiasts.
The Brooklyn Navy Yard might not be exactly what comes to mind when envisioning a terroir that is suitable for viticulture. But with the help of Finger Lakes industry leaders and Cornell University, we have developed a custom urban planter system. 42 of these planters cover our 14,800 square-foot rooftop at The Brooklyn Navy Yard. Our vines, now in their 9th year, are robust and healthy and we have already produced a sustainable and completely Brooklyn vintage with their fruit.Job description Rooftop Reds is seeking a new General Manager for the upcoming 2023 season. We are looking for an individual with a minimum of four years experience in Food & Beverage service management. The ideal candidate must have a WSET Level 2 certification or equivalent wine education certificate, or some other wine education degree to be considered for the position. As Rooftop Reds’ wine list contains only New York State vintages, a strong familiarity with New York State wines is a huge plus!
- (2) years management or leadership experience at a similar wine / hospitality focused establishment
- A commitment to fostering and contributing to a professional, compassionate, and healthy work environment
- A passion and hunger to promote NYS wines specifically
- The ability to work outdoors and deal with extreme weather conditions such as wind, rain, heat, etc.
- The ability to work on your feet for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift and carry 35 lbs or more.