Delivery Driver + More! Chef Collective
- Date Posted November 17, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Chef Collective is hiring for a "Delivery Driver & More" position! We are looking for someone to join the production team to assemble orders in the morning then seamlessly transition to hopping behind the wheel of our delivery vehicles to get those orders out to the chefs who need them!
If you are a cook who is ready to try something else outside the kitchen but who still wants to stay knee deep in the world of amazing food OR if you’re an experienced driver who would like to branch out a bit from behind the wheel, this could be the perfect position for you!
We are a Brooklyn based boutique distributor of cheese, charcuterie and other specialty foods working with the best chefs and restaurants in NYC. We are a small company focused on enriching the lives of everyone that we work with, whether you are a farmer in Indiana, a chef in Manhattan, or one of our fantastic team members.
We believe in a "be nicer, be better, not bigger" philosophy, quality is our biggest focus, whether it is quality product, quality people, quality of life. Our team is small and we are self-starters who believe in improving the food system, treating all people with respect, and working as hard as the people we work for (Artisan Producers and Chefs). If you are interested in good food, have an endless curiosity for learning, and are comfortable wearing many hats, (or driving gloves!) you have found your home!
- Must have clean driving record and experience driving in NYC.
- Be able to drive a 16 foot box truck (no CDL required)
- Good knowledge of NYC streets and how to quickly get around a SERIOUS PLUS
- Please be able to speak, read and write English
- Lift moderately heavy amounts (60#) of food products while making deliveries.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, figure out what needs to be done and accomplish it.
- Upbeat and able to roll with the punches. Each day is different and holds new challenges.
- Experience in specialty foods/cheese a big plus.
- Experience in working in a professional NYC kitchen a plus.
- $Salary starts at $58,500
- Schedule is 5 days per week / roughly 40 hours per week
- Great health benefits are available (we contribute to the cost of your health insurance plan after 6 months of employment)
- Weekly paychecks
- Plenty of cheese/meat samples!!
We are looking to hire immediately.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions