PASTRY CHEF PATISSERIE VANESSA +1 more
- Date Posted November 21, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Patisserie Vanessa is an authentic French pâtisserie with its first location and flagship in New York City, featuring Vanessa’s signature touches – an elegant and playful assortment of the simplest, most delicious French pastries that are true to her heart.
Handcrafted on location with natural ingredients, these deliciously sublime pastries have a pure taste that is not too sweet, but just right. Patisserie Vanessa is an experience that exudes that certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ – evoking the chic-and-relaxed feeling of the South of France.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operate and manage the kitchen, working together with the other sous chef, bakers and cooks
Schedule employees to ensure that the kitchen is adequately staffed at all necessary times
Prepare a variety of French baked goods (Tarte Tropezienne / Charlotte / Macarons / Madeleines…)
Decorate and present pastries in a tasteful and beautiful way according to Patisserie Vanessa standards.
Ensure the bakery section of the kitchen adheres to health and safety regulations.
Identify staffing needs, help to recruit new personnel and train them.
Leadership skills to manage the pastry section and staff in a kitchen, including hiring the right staff and motivating workers in a high-stress environment.
Time management skills to deliver orders on schedule and avoid wasting food.
Receive stock and store food in designated containers and storage areas in an organized and timely manner.
Physical strength and stamina to spend long hours standing and performing repetitive motions.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections according to standardized company recipes by following a set recipe.
Monitor and order ingredients and supplies.
Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients. Ordering new supplies and ingredients for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
Flexibility in schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- NYC Food Handler’s License
- Experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Sous Chef, Head Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of French baking techniques and the pastry-making process through previous organized training
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Can work flexible hours, including weekends, early mornings and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 31, 2022