BAKER PATISSERIE VANESSSA
- Date Posted November 21, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Patisserie Vanessa is an authentic French pâtisserie with its first location and flagship in New York City, featuring Vanessa’s signature touches – an elegant and playful assortment of the simplest, most delicious French pastries that are true to her heart.
Handcrafted on location with natural ingredients, these deliciously sublime pastries have a pure taste that is not too sweet, but just right. Patisserie Vanessa is an experience that exudes that certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ – evoking the chic-and-relaxed feeling of the South of France.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Baker is responsible for carrying out operations and productions that take place in the kitchen such as preparing doughs and baking strictly according to supplied recipes.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about baking, high quality, customer satisfaction and safety of the work place, as well as have a positive attitude, flexibility, and clear communication.
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing all needed doughs and batters
- Following recipes for dough preparation and baking of those
- Must be able to prioritize and finish all tasks assigned for the daily baking and work independently in those moments when the supervisors are not immediately available
- Receive stock and store food in designated containers and storage areas in an organized and timely manner
- Inform supervisors when any equipment is not working properly and anticipate when food supplies are getting low
- Keeps a clean work station and assist in soft cleaning all kitchen areas before leaving shift
- Perform other related duties as assigned based on evolving business needs
- Maintaining the kitchen production process to maintain the work place safe and hygienic for all employees.
- Be detail oriented, passionate about high quality, able to work in a fast pace environment and multi-task
- Ability to problem solve, clearly communicate and maintain a positive attitude on a daily basis
- Quick learner and ability to follow recipes strictly
- NYC Food Handler’s Certificate preferred (required within 1 month of employment), food sanitary safety practice/procedure knowledge
- Relevant prior experience as a baker is required
- Flexible working hours, including weekends, early morning and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 31, 2022