Equipment Mechanic Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- Date Posted November 21, 2022
- Location Queens, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
Summary- Reporting to the Logistics Manager, Joe Porter, this person is responsible for the repair, maintenance, preventative processes, and record-keeping of all manufacturing (roasting, processing, service, and packaging) equipment and facility-related tasks to maintain ongoing operations with minimal disruption or downtime. This person will work cross-functionally to maintain processes and procedures for this market with a strong focus on safety while in alignment with industry standards for good manufacturing practices (GMP's). They will act as a communication liaison between ground-level work and upper management and be the main resource for third-party vendor and contractor relations while coordinating any maintenance needs beyond the scope of this role. They will work in tandem with the Portland operations team to align on department goals, auditing practices, and production schedules.
- Basic knowledge of facilities maintenance to include: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic, carpentry, and hydraulic equipment required.
- Plan, schedule, and execute repairs to the roasting facility and equipment with a high focus on safety.
- Use company systems to maintain processes and support preventive maintenance on all equipment and company assets.
- Assist equipment operators to improve line efficiency and maintain a high standard of product quality.
- Perform all duties while adhering to GMP and personal safety standards.
- Respond promptly to all service requests with a high level of proactivity and customer service.
- Maintain communication and relationship with multiple third-party service providers.
- In partnership with the leadership team, help facilitate small construction, building maintenance, and assembly projects.
- Assist with unloading and stocking merchandise in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Manage facility and manufacturing waste stream.
- Assist operations team as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Constructively interact with cross-functional counterparts in other markets and provide equipment and facility status reports to keep all stakeholders updated.
- 3 years experience maintaining, repairing, overhauling, and troubleshooting, processing, packaging, and material-handling equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer and technical writing skills.
- Experience with hand tools and powered equipment, in addition to electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Weight greater than 50 pounds can be mitigated with a lifting partner or device.
- Stooping, bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Repetitive motion using the hands, wrists and forearms.
- Standing in place for several hours at a table to operate or repair machinery.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment.
- The work environment can be noisy
- Temperatures can be variable in the work area
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $25.00 - $33.00 Application instructions