Production and Training Chef Chester County Food Bank +1 more
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location Exton, PA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Chester County Food Bank seeks to create a food secure Chester County. We mobilize our community to ensure access to real, healthy food. Chester County Food Bank (CCFB) is a countywide, non-profit organization located in Exton, PA that has been in existence since 2009. CCFB works with over 150 agency partners to distribute over 3 million pounds of food annually to 9% of Chester County residents. We provide educational opportunities through programs including Eat Fresh, Fresh2You Mobile Market and Seed to Supper to engage the community in hands-on learning experiences.Job description POSITION SUMMARY:
The Production and Training Chef is responsible for the production and quality of food, inventory controls, sanitation and management of volunteers as needed in the Chester County Food Bank kitchen. Production and Training Chef works closely with FRESHStart Culinary Job Training students, training them in basic food preparation skills. Works collaboratively with the Kitchen Associate to help volunteers and trainees in the Processing kitchen.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Production & Training:
- Assist in day-to-day operation of the kitchen; develops, implements, and enforces all kitchen standard operating procedures.
- Assist in managing all CCFB Kitchen Contracts including Meals on Wheels and Simple Suppers.
- Works with Director to ensuring effective integration of trainees into the production environment for the purposes of impactful, hands-on job training.
- Assists in teaching foodservice classes and provides hands-on, direct training with students on core kitchen competencies.
- Maintain open channels of communication with Workforce Development Associate to identify trainee needs and abilities.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationship with the kitchen and program staff, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns.
- In conjunction with Director, maintain goals for kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, and enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- Must work well with others, have a “can do” attitude, and be part of the CCFB team.
- Other related assignments as necessary.
- Facilitate the daily processing of fresh produce in CCFB’s Processing Kitchen
- Supervise volunteer shifts in the processing kitchen (provide instructions/education surrounding produce, moving pallets, triple-washing, sorting, etc.)
- Perform daily cleaning tasks in accordance with the master cleaning schedule, including washing and sanitizing equipment, shelving, and supplies, sweeping, mopping, power washing compost bins, laundry, etc.
- Record composting weights and track accordingly
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in related field, formal culinary training, certification or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- A passion for excellence through teamwork, positive change, and effective communication.
- Teaching and facilitation skills with the ability to assess training needs and objectives.
- Experience working with at-risk populations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- A valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle required. There is no access to public transportation.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time nonexempt, hourly position. It may require weekend and evening hours, but is primarily M-F.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Most of the year, the work is in an indoor environment, protected from weather conditions but subject to some temperature fluctuations. Periodically during the year, the worker is involved in outdoor activities and subject to temperatures below 60 degrees F and above 80 degrees F. Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind possible. On occasion, the environment may be noisy and distracting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Communicating with others to exchange information, instructions, and ideas by means of spoken words, typed or handwritten notes, forms and other work materials, use of a computer, laptop, or other electronic device.
- Lifting: Ability to lift objects that includes moving the objects up to 50 pounds.
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Other movements required from time to time may include, but are limited to: Stopping, kneeling, stepping, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, and repetitive motion of hand, fingers, and wrists.
Robust benefit package to include paid holidays, PTO, health and dental insurance.
Salary: $22/hour - $24/hour
The Chester County Food Bank considers candidates for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with the applicable federal, state and local laws.
Chester County Food Bank reserves the right to change this job description as conditions change.
See the full job description on our website:
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $22.00 - $24.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline