DEVELOPMENT/COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT Viva Farms
- Date Posted January 20, 2023
- Location Mount Vernon, WA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Reports to: Development Manager
Salary and Benefits: $19.00-23.00 hourly. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits that include health, dental, and vision insurance (Viva Farms pays 75% towards premiums), an employer sponsored 403(b) retirement program, up to 17 paid holidays, additional paid time off, and flexible scheduling.
Location: Mount Vernon, WA (Hybrid remote/on-site arrangement considered) *Note: The ability to occasionally travel locally for in-person engagement with stakeholder groups including supporters, donors, partners, and community members is required.
The Development and Communications Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support for fundraising activities including grant writing and management, donor development, events, and other development programs. The role also provides communications support including producing and activating content via a multi-channel strategy that includes social media, website, video, print, and public relations activities to achieve program, development, community engagement, and partnership goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate the following:
- Superb organizational skills and a strong desire to ensure processes run smoothly
- Strong attention to details and conscientious about adhering to deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated success in supporting a team both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and to devise a plan for addressing them
- Professional and personal reliability, maturity, initiative, creativity, positivity, and commitment
- Support administrative and organizational activities related to grant writing and management including application, reporting, invoicing, and partner coordination.
- Support donor development and management activities such as verbal, print, and digital outreach.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for fundraising and community engagement events as well as implementation of new development programs.
- Create, improve, and/ and maintain information management and organizational tools to support accurate and efficient data tracking, reporting, and financial management.
- Support the implementation of social media strategy as a component of a comprehensive marketing strategy. Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling. Generate, edit, publish, and share social media content.
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging. Moderate user-generated content appropriately, based on Viva Farms policies.
- Support the creation and maintenance of Viva Farms’ social media and other online pages and profiles.
- Update website to keep information and links current and relevant.
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to ensure content in all mediums reflects Viva Farms’ branding and voice.
- Create digital and printed collateral and signage to promote the organization and events.
- Create and distribute communications via email, Mailchimp, or other venues to support organizational priorities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- English fluency; proficiency in written and spoken Spanish preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing/communications support or fundraising/development support
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Viva Farms and passion for providing high-level administrative and organizational support in service to the organization’s goals
- Skilled in design, production, and management of website content, digital/social media content via content publishing tools such as WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, HootSuite, Mail Chimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc
- Skilled in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Little Green Lights, or other customer relationship management software and internet research
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Effective and articulate public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, and self-manage to effectively meet deadlines
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline