Sourcing Associate - CA Natoora
- Date Posted January 23, 2023
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fresh produce and actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over fifteen years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 1,500 restaurants in London, New York, Paris, and Copenhagen we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs. We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruits & vegetables.
Collectively, we have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 600 growers and producers across Europe & the US. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.Job description
ABOUT THE JOB
Based in LA, and with ample room for growth, our ideal candidate is well organized and self-motivated. You will be providing support to internal buying teams as well as suppliers, closely monitoring and reporting costs, coordinating logistics and transport for our direct sourcing operations in CA, as well as for farms and suppliers. You will also be responsible for hands-on product pick-ups and drop-offs at farms/markets and 3PLs and other sourcing related activities.
You’ll be confident in juggling multiple tasks and willing to create solutions. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to changing the way food is being farmed & supplied.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Support buying dept on order placement to suppliers and other in-house admin tasks
- Drive refrigerated commercial van to farms and/or farmers markets for product pick-ups
- Timely communicate to Buying any shortages or quality issues at points of pick-up
- Learn to identify product packing for quality and optimal transport
- Issue delivery and shipping documentation as needed
- Perform shipment drop-offs to our cross-docking or freight forwarding locations
- Support administrative transactions and track costs of goods and services
- Communicate as needed with 3PLs for transport reservations and timely logistics
- Able to lift/load up to 50-lb cases of product
- Report vehicle metrics, schedule maintenance, ensure unit is fueled, sanitized, ready for use
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Our ideal candidate is super passionate about fresh produce, solution-driven, understands the need to play hands-on, multiple roles and has the ambition to grow. As such, our successful candidate will have the following traits:
- Fresh produce knowledge, purchasing/procurement experience ideal
- Capacity to learn and a thirst for growth with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and mentality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, priority on Excel, G-Suite
- Candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US
- Ability to hit the ground running and work autonomously as well as part of a tight-knit team
- Competitive wages
- Optional Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Your birthday off* (once you’ve hit the 6 month mark)
- One week paid vacation after a year of employment
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- Excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
- Position starts as full-time, hourly/non-exempt, eligible for over time, but can soon become full-time, salaried/exempt with added benefits.
At Natoora we pride ourselves in offering our staff a dynamic and supportive working environment. Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline