Manager of Food Services Vermont Achievement Center, Inc.
- Date Posted January 23, 2023
- Location Rutland, VT
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
• Follows National School Lunch and Vermont Dept. of Education Food and Nutrition Service program guidelines
• Prepares and files daily, weekly, monthly reports/logs for food preparation as needed
• Prepares and distributes approved monthly menus that assure compliance with meal pattern requirements and nutrient standards
• Prepare, maintain, and update the "Food Facts Sheets" book as required by the National School Lunch Program and VT Dept. of Education Food and Nutrition Service
• Communicates with on-site nurse regarding food allergies and other related health concerns
• Responsible for preparing breakfast, snack and lunch menu food items
• Must be able to organize foods needed (often in advance) and prepare all foods following proper sanitation, safety and Serve Safe procedures
• Maintains the highest standard of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen at all times. Maintains highest standard of personal hygiene -- proper hand washing, bathroom use, coughing, etc.
• Educates the food service staff in proper food safety procedures.
• Obtain lunch count each morning, but must be willing to call individual teachers for unreported class counts.
• Requisitions and Monitors food supplies and other supplies as required. Checks in deliveries following proper procedures
• Responsible for organizing pantry, cooler, and freezer using first-in/first-out organization and following HCCP requirements
• Serves meals in a quick and pleasant manner. Recognizes a reimbursable meal and requires students to meet the requirements for a reimbursable meal
• Assumes responsibility for the security of revenue from cafeteria services until it has been turned over to the Business Office. Maintains current records for Free/Reduced Lunch Program
• Recycles as much as possible in cooperation with NLCS philosophy
• Responsible for cleanup of kitchen, trays, pots and pan etc. using approved sanitation methods
• Responsible for final daily sanitizing wipe of work surfaces and kitchen appliances
• Responsible for turning off ovens, stovetops, overhead fans, dishwasher, closing windows and doors, and locking kitchen
• Supervises community extra-curricular/after normal-school-hours use of kitchen when required
• Other related duties as required (such as oven cleaning, freezer defrosting, spring and fall cleaning, year-end inventory, routine cleaning, etc.)
Required Skills & Experience
• Must understand all USDA Policies and Vermont State Policies on Meal Patterns and Production Records.
• Hold and maintain a Serve Safe Certification.
• Demonstrate competence for assigned responsibilities.
• Able to follow oral/written instructions.
• Participate in professional standards courses and seminars. At Least 10 hours of annual continuing education/training.
• Physical ability to perform the above listed essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical, mental, and emotional requirements will be developed when needed for purposes of reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The principal duties and responsibilities listed above are subject to change. Compensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline