Director of Food Access & Education Chester County Food Bank +1 more
- Date Posted January 23, 2023
- Location Exton, PA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Chester County Food Bank seeks to create a food secure Chester County. We mobilize our community to ensure access to real, healthy food. Chester County Food Bank (CCFB) is a countywide, non-profit organization located in Exton, PA that has been in existence since 2009. CCFB works with over 150 agency partners to distribute over 3 million pounds of food annually to 9% of Chester County residents. We provide educational opportunities through programs including Eat Fresh, Fresh2You Mobile Market and Seed to Supper to engage the community in hands-on learning experiences.Job description POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director of Food Access and Education will provide leadership and oversight for initiatives that further the Chester County Food Bank’s mission of increasing access to real, healthy food. This includes the development, implementation, and management of community-based programs that expand food access, food preparation, gardening, and community partnerships. It includes providing direction and support to the Fresh2You Mobile Market, Raised Bed garden, FreshRx, Eat Fresh, and Migrant Education programs. Serving as a member of the CCFB Leadership and Operations team, this individual will provide strategic direction and foster collaborative partnerships to pursue innovative approaches to addressing food insecurity and sovereignty.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and direction for community-based programs focused on food access, health, nutrition, and gardening education. Development of new programs to meet the CCFB’s mission and strategic goals.
- Hire, train and develop program managers to ensure quality program delivery consistent with the goals and objectives of the CCFB.
- Identify opportunities for intern and volunteer engagement to involve the community in program delivery.
- Develop and manage program budgets and develop strategies to maximize financial resources.
- Cultivate positive relations and work with impoverished households, agencies, donors, volunteers, and other partners on innovative, culturally relevant approaches to food insecurity in alignment with CCFB’s mission.
- Work closely with the Development department to provide data and information necessary to ensure fundraising and marketing support of all departmental programs.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of program evaluation strategies to assess program performance to ensure program efficiency and the achievement of program goals.
- Manage the creation of standardized department documents such as program descriptions, project plans, and evaluation plans to ensure compliance with budgets, grants, policies, etc.
- Participate in CCFB committees and task forces with Board members and volunteers as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Social Work, or related field; or 3+ years of equivalent education and professional experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in program development, project management, working in underserved communities.
- Understanding of community food insecurity and passion for food justice and social change to contribute to the growth and evolution of the program.
- High level of analytical, data interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal; interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Driving large vehicles, up to 27 ft., with product.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Schedule flexibility, work will involve some weekend and evening hours.
- Must have basic computer skills – email, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Comfortable with public speaking, making presentations, and facilitating group discussions and meetings.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds; demonstrates cultural sensitivity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Most of the year, the work is in an indoor environment, protected from weather conditions but subject to some temperature fluctuations. Periodically during the year, the worker is involved in outdoor activities and subject to temperatures below 60 degrees F and above 80 degrees F. Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind possible. On occasion, the environment may be noisy and distracting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Chester County Food Bank considers candidates for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Chester County Food Bank reserves the right to change this job description as conditions change.
See the full job description on our website:
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline