Culinary Services - Prepack Manager Seattle Public Schools
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Under the general direction of the Food Services Area Supervisor,Nutrition Services Director or designee responsible the general operation of the school kitchen, upholding high standards of quality, cleanliness and food safety including supervision of staff in the preparation of high quality, nutritious meals meeting District requirements.
- Direct and participate in preparing and serving high quality, nutritious, cost effective meals and ala carte items following District standards.
- Helps to provide attractive, nutritious food to encourage student participation and daily attendance.
- Oversees operation of snack bar production and sales.
- Operates Point of Sale system rapidly and accurately and ensures accuracy of daily deposits.
- Order and receive food and supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels to meet production needs following Nutrition Services and District procedures.
- Inspect food on condition, accuracy of order, temperature and report discrepancies and quality issues to Nutrition Services office.
- Keep all food at safe temperature under sanitary conditions following Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Standards.
- Develop and provide daily work schedules for staff to insure completion of tasks within allocated time.
- Maintain and Update Substitute Manager Guide as needed. Ensure kitchen staff follows Nutrition Services guidelines for proper use and storage of food and supplies.
- Maintain a complete file of available standardized recipes and ensures standardized recipes/portions are served.
- Train staff in the proper use and care of equipment as well as safety procedures; monitor equipment use and operation; determine and request repairs.
- Maintain accurate records; prepare necessary reports, including count cash, menu planners for all meals, and special programs, and either manually or with computer submit according to established schedule.
- Report accidents promptly to the Nutrition Services office.
- Check and secure the kitchen and dining area at the end of shift.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relations.
- Supervises all employees for work simplification/time management and ensures cross training of staff in various kitchen functions.
- Conduct performance evaluations on all Nutrition Services staff at assigned location at least once a year.
- Respond to suggestions, complaints and requests of building staff and students.
- Assist school staff in promoting good nutrition.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the supervisor. The supervisor may make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the interest of Seattle Public Schools.
- All actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the strategic plan of Seattle Public Schools.
- Required to stand and walk for prolonged periods; ability to lift up to 35 lbs.; carry, push, stoop, reach and ability to handle and perform fingering functions.
- Required to shift tasks and priorities; experience frequent interruptions; requires flexibility and adaptability; perform repetitive tasks; requires individual initiative and teamwork; ability to communicate with students and adults in some difficult situations.
- Requires effective decision making and problem solving; required to communicate with difficult individuals; excellent listening skills; adapt to change and remain flexible.
- Have normal far vision, depth perception and color vision.
- May be exposed to general cleaning chemicals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Knowledge of:
- Food preparation techniques and procedures
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Basic Math
- Modern methods of food preparation, including recipe
- adjustment; acceptable product standards, including quality
- and sanitation aspects; basic math; basic computer operation
- Use English communication orally and in writing
- Do simple mathematical calculations
- Follow instructions and use fundamentals of food preparation techniques and procedures following approved safety and sanitation requirements
- Learn Federal, State and Local requirements for the National School Lunch Programs
- Operate all types of commercial kitchen equipment, including a mechanical aptitude for operating/adjusting complex equipment
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of employees
- Work under supervision.
- Ability to comply with school District policies, procedures and the requirements of the Nutrition Services programs.
- Experience in keeping accurate, detailed records and required reports; ability to meet the established timelines.
Valid Food Handler's Permit
- Knowledge of menu planning and the nutritional requirements of the United States Department of Agriculture school meal patterns.
- Ability to accurately complete necessary records required by the United States Department of Agriculture, the State and the District.
- Ability to take initiative, analyze information/situation and resolve situation or recommend effective solution to Nutrition Services office.
- Must possess a valid WA Food Handler's Permit at all times
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline