Production & Catering Person All Together Now
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location Chicago, IL
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We’re looking for someone awesome to support our catering, production, and shipping operations as these endeavors grow. Our ideal person is kind, works with a sense of urgency, communicates positively and proactively, and is SUPER organized. Past experience in kitchens and general capability with computers/software platforms would be great.
Schedule will be mostly set days/times, with some flexibility required based on the timing of specific orders and events.
This role is paid hourly, with a starting range of $20-22 per hour plus a portion of tips associated with catering orders. Benefits include monthly healthcare stipend of up to $400, paid time off, access to a retirement savings plan, daily staff meals, and product discounts.
- Execute all dropoff catering orders (cheese and meat boards, sandwiches, salads, sweets, and other snacks) from start to finish
- Main person for offsite catering engagements (prep beforehand as well as setup and other culinary needs at the venue)
- Organize and track catering-specific food inventory as well as catering supplies
- Strong, forward-looking communication with catering sales manager and chef on weekly schedule, special requests, and overall needs of the catering program
- Manage production and packaging of our housemade items for wholesale sales and on-site retail. This product mix currently includes crackers, snack mix, preserves, and pickled veggies.
- Generate and manage production schedule for baseline pars, wholesale orders, special orders, and other needs.
- Prep and packaging on special projects like class kits, offsite workshops, monthly cheese club
- Follow HACCP protocol and log info as required for canned items (preserves and pickles)
- Manage the flow of packages from preparation to shipment. This includes online gift box orders, monthly cheese and wine club shipments, class kits, wholesale, and special orders.
- Use Shipstation shipping software to create shipping labels, manage shipping settings, and track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Communicate with shipping services (UPS/FedEx) as needed for pickups, issues, and other service needs.
- Manage inventory on all shipping and packing supplies
- Ensure company standards for safety, quality, and aesthetics are met or exceeded with every shipment
- Strong, forward-looking communication and collaboration with kitchen team, chef, and managers to prepare for upcoming shipments
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline