Sous Chef West Taghkanic Diner +1 more
- Date Posted January 30, 2023
- Location Ancram, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for a passionate, experienced cook to join our back of house team as Sous Chef. Experience in a kitchen management position is a plus, but not a requirement; we’re most interested in a Sous Chef who is eager to grow their leadership skills, and who is looking to build a supportive, compassionate, and kind kitchen environment. Give us a shout if it sounds like the responsibilities of this role might suit you:
- Work with local producers and cook with local, seasonal ingredients.
- Support the Chef in managing: cost control, scheduling, health department compliance, new employee training, ordering, scheduleing and inventory.
- Lead the kitchen team through high volume services while not sacrificing the quality and consistency of dishes.
- Collaborate with Chef on food and labor costing. Responsible for maintaining these goals with the kitchen team.
- Work with the Chef to conceptualize, execute and train team members on new menu dishes.
- Adhere to high standards of cleanliness and implement these systems with your team.
- Contribute to a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Work with our smokers, used for meat and vegetables (experience not necesarry).
Restaurant work is hard and fast-paced: we are committed to fostering a work environment that is fair, kind, and reasonable with regards to what it asks of you. We work hard to create an environment that centers joy and fulfillment.
West Taghkanic Diner is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We look forward to hearing from you!Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $18.00 - $23.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline