Chef Assistant J-Sei
- Date Posted January 30, 2023
- Location Emeryville, CA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
NUTRITION PROGRAM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Days/times of shifts may vary, must be flexible.
- Works to prepare ingredients for lunch service and maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitized kitchen.
- Must have general understanding of food preparation fundamentals and have proficient knife-handling skills.
- Must be able to work independently and follow a prep list.
- Must be able to wash, peel, and chop fruits and vegetables according to the specifications of the chef.
- Know and comply consistently with food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must have, or will attain within the first month of hire ServSafe Food Handlers Card. Training is provided.
- Other duties as requested by the Chef.
KITCHEN FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Maintain kitchen in a safe and clean manner consistent with county health standards
- Notify supervisor of any supply, equipment or maintenance needs.
- Strong communication, listening and people skills necessary to project and promote the J-Sei mission to seniors, volunteers, and general community.
- Experience working independently.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and maintain composure in a fast-paced unpredictable environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline