Fulfillment & Farm Market Associate Maple Wind Farm +2 more
- Date Posted February 21, 2023
- Location Richmond, VT
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Come participate in Vermont’s local food system through the fulfillment and delivery of regeneratively-grown, pasture-raised meats. Help build a retail-focused distribution system to bring more food to our direct community. Join a team of hard-working individuals who support, teach, and learn from each other every day.
We’re seeking a detail-oriented, passionate individual to become our Fulfillment and Farmers Market Associate. This position works closely with the Sales & Fulfillment Manager in a number of fulfillment tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Packing orders for daily on-farm pickups.
- Accurately tracking and maintaining inventory.
- Planning and participating in farmer’s markets, primarily the Burlington Farmers Market.
- Managing our Home Delivery and Wholesale delivery programs (drive a box truck!)
- Coordinating Home Delivery and Wholesale weekly delivery.
- Daily maintenance of our on-farm, self-service store.
Benefits for the position include:
- Wages ranging from $15-17/hour, D.O.E.
- A 4-day workweek (10-hour days, 7am to 5pm)
- Access to free meats and eggs when available.
- Staff discount at our on-farm and online stores.
- Workers Compensation Insurance
Experience with retail sales, order fulfillment, and inventory management is preferred but not required - we are willing to train the right candidate! A relative tolerance for cold is required, as you will be spending time in both our walk-in cooler and deep freezer. Availability to work on Saturdays through the Burlington Farmers Market season (May-November) is also a requirement.
Why Should You Apply?
- A fantastic farm culture that is built on principles of integrity and respect.
- Our location is just 20 minutes away from Burlington, with easy access to outdoor pursuits such as hiking, fishing, mountain biking and hunting.
- We offer competitive wages and benefits, and hold a strong commitment to a 4-day work week.
- Directly contributing to the functioning of a local food system, while contributing to the success of a farm dedicated to regenerating soil and water resources.