Blue Foods Coordinator Central Coast Food Web
- Date Posted November 15, 2023
- Location Newport, OR
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The purpose of the Central Coast Food Web is to:
1) Improve local food security in rural and underserved communities.
2) Capture and retain fisheries natural capital economic value in coastal communities.
3) Improve ocean literacy among coastal residents, coastal visitors, all Oregonians and beyond.
4) Support climate friendly food solutions that reduce food miles and food waste through 100% fish utilization. Job description
Central Coast Food Web
Oregon Blue Food Coordinator- Training and Product Development
The Blue Foods Coordinator (BFC) will provide technical and social support to fishers and seafood producers, with the ultimate goal of increasing the availability of and access to local seafood products in the region. They will be responsible for creating training programs that support seafood product development with a focus on 100% fish utilization. Their work will dovetail with ongoing programming at our Yaquina Lab facility that provides shared space and equipment for local food producers.
This is a new position. The BFC will work in a highly collaborative workspace. A project team will include other CCFW staff, board members and other partners. The CCFW works within the Oregon Food Hub Network and Oregon Ocean Cluster Initiative ecosystems, both of which are rich resources for the development of the programs, processes and curricula described in the full job description on our website.
In other words, you don't need to be an expert on everything to be good at this job. But you do need to be a willing and self-directed learner, be comfortable reaching out to partners for support, and also be able document and communicate your work to ensure your success.
The primary objectives for the coordinator will be to
- Provide training for fishers seeking to market product locally via a unified Blue Food Training Program
- Provide individualized support to fishers seeking to develop value-added products that reduce fish waste and increase profitability.
- Develop marketing support to allow local fishers to thrive and grow local production
The CCFW is a fairly new organization and this is a new position. A successful candidate will need to expect to work through some ambiguity and also contribute to the general development of the organization as a whole, which will sometimes require supporting activities outside of your scope of work. All in all, this is an incredible job opportunity for the right person who wants to be part of the local foods movement and improve the local food system in an impactful way.
Although the funding for this position is only guaranteed for 3 years, a successful person will find ample work opportunities in our organization in perpetuity.
Full Salary Year 1: $65,000 Full-time. COLA adjustment for years 2-3.
For the full job description and background information, including application instructions, please visit our jobs site at www.centralcoastfoodweb.org/jobs
Nov 15: Position Posted
Dec 5: Application period closed
Dec 11-15: Interviews round 1
Dec 19-20: Interviews round 2
Dec: 22th Selection made and offer given
Mid January/early February: position beginsCompensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions