Program Assistant Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture P...
- Date Posted January 06, 2011
- Location Asheville, NC
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Part-Time
The Program Assistant will provide support and assistance to the administrative and research sector of ASAP, which is charged with a wide variety of management, fundraising, and research activities: grant writing, reporting to funders, project management, program and project evaluation, research, and coordinating and overseeing consulting projects.
The Program Assistant will provide general support and assistance under the direction of the Program Coordinator. Having a basic knowledge of, and commitment to, the philosophy of ASAP, the candidate will have a strong work ethic, be detail oriented, and enjoy the challenge of working on a wide variety of tasks.
Specific activities will correspond with current program requirements and will include (but not be limited to):
- General support
- Mail merging and mailing coordination
- Logistical arrangements (events, conferences, etc.)
- Data entry
- Organize materials and information
- Copying and printing
- Volunteer management
- Take minutes at meetings
- Administrative and office support activities
- Project and database management
- Planning and scheduling meetings or appointments
- Conduct research and compile data
- Create spreadsheets and write reports
- Strong knowledge and abilities relating to commonly used clerical/administrative support and project coordination concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Clear, effective and demonstrable oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, proofreading, customer service and relationship building abilities.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail required.
- Professional demeanor; team player orientation; ability to interface with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Hands on, energetic and motivated self-starter.
- Proficiency in the office software.
Up to $22,000 for 32 hour/week depending on qualifications, plus vacation and holiday pay, insurance stipend, and participation in an IRA retirement plan with an employer match. Compensation this position is PAID How to apply