Farm to Table Coordinator Community Farm Alliance
- Date Posted November 25, 2013
- Location Frankfort, KY
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
CFA is a statewide grassroots membership organization that strives to bring a voice on issues affecting family farmers and local food consumers to both state and national policy makers. Since 1985 Community Farm Alliance has led major innnovations in Kentucky’s agriculture, food and community policy development. CFA has over a thousand passionate, committed members from across the Commonwealth. CFA members are a mix of urban, rural, farmers an non-farmers, rich, poor, young and old. The “community” in Community Farm Alliance is not defined by geography but by values that govern good stewardship of land, family, and community.
Community Farm Alliance, based in Frankfort, Kentucky is hiring to fill the new position of Eastern Kentucky Farm to Table Coordinator.
The EKY F2T Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and integrating CFA’s Program of Work in Eastern Kentucky that specifically:
- Builds CFA’s EKY membership;
- Identifies and develops EKY CFA Leadership; and
- Helps to build regional and community food systems.
- Coordinating CFA’s Farmer’s Market Support Program (FMSP);
- Facilitating the Eastern Kentucky Food System Collaborative (EKYFSC); and
- Developing and implementing a program for institutional purchase of EKY produced food.