Food Sustainability Advocate Chartwells at Bard College
- Date Posted January 29, 2015
- Location Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
- Category Business / Education
- Job Type Full-Time
Chartwells Higher Education is pleased to announce a fulltime Food Sustainability Advocate/Coordinator at Bard College. The Advocate/Coordinator will work to advance local and sustainable food purchasing and overall sustainability in dining services at Bard. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to contribute to the growing sustainable food movement in higher education. The successful candidate will expand, track, and raise awareness about current practices with the ultimate goal of increasing local, community based, and 3rd party certified food purchases. The coordinator will also help to establish short and long-term goals, complete annual reporting, and work closely with local food producers and campus community members (especially students) to raise awareness of the importance of local and sustainable food choices. The advocate will also support Chartwells accounts at other campuses. Consequently, this position will require limited travel within the Hudson Valley and beyond. Our ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Experienced in managing food service in an education environment.
- Able to work independently.
- Detail oriented and well-organized.
- Three or more years of experience in local and sustainable food related issues.
- Administrative and program management experience.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to accomplish results in designated time frames.
- Be comfortable working in a fast moving/changing environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have the ability to effectively motivate students and community members to action.
- Ability to travel between schools as needed.