- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Apprentice - Farm Assistant RAVEN & BOAR
- Date Posted August 16, 2016
- Location East Chatham, NY
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Internship/Apprentice
Raven & Boar is seeking a highly motivated person interested in farming.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRIMARILY: animal husbandry
ADDITIONALLY: silvo pasturing, composting, distribution, farm to table & farmer's market coordination, construction & vegetable production ( among other things ).
This is a full time paid apprenticeship.
Housing is also available.
All meals provided on the farm.
6-12 month commitment preferred ( it is beneficial to work through a change of seasons )
Raven & Boar is a family owned farm in Northern Columbia County. We raise free range whey fed heritage breed pigs with care on open pasture and forest. We provide high quality meat to local and ny metro residents and restaurants. Raven and Boar pork, lamb & chicken, fresh free range eggs and other produce can also be found seasonally at the Rhinebeck NY and Great Barrington, MA.
Raven & Boar is in the process of building a harvest kitchen on the farm to produce small batch artisanal charcuterie. Culinary background and butchery knowledge / interest a plus!
Gramercy Tavern, Bar Boulud, Roberta's Bklyn, Red Lion Inn, The Crimson Sparrow.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. and able to cope with the many physical demands for prolonged periods of time with a good attitude and outlook all depending on the job required.
- Take pride, enjoy and value opportunity, hard work, rising early, working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to work efficiently both in a team and independently with limited social contact, communication with peers with interest and respect.
- Problem solving under pressure or adverse conditions in a calm and calculated manner to see multiple projects to completion.
- Adaptability and flexibility with regards to completing tasks with ever-changing priorities.
- Valid drivers' license and personal transportation required.
GRAMERCY TAVERN HARVEST DINNER
CRIMSON SPARROW DINNER
Hudson Valley Charcuterie Kickstarter Compensation this position is : stipend / non-monetary compensation