- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
3SquaresVT (SNAP) Outreach Coord. Vermont Foodbank
- Date Posted September 13, 2016
- Location Barre, VT
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
NON-EXEMPT, FULL TIME
The 3SquaresVT Outreach Coordinator will work to increase participation in 3SquaresVT among those in Vermont who are eligible. The 3SquaresVT Outreach Coordinator will primarily be responsible for conducting telephone enrollments and onsite enrollments at VFB network partners and community partner agencies. This position will work closely with the 3SquaresVT Outreach Manager, 3SquaresVT VISTA, and volunteers to manage the flow of applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works cooperatively and be able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals;
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution;
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of SNAP policies and procedures and stay up-to-date on the latest developments.
- Become trained in the 3SquaresVT pre-screening, application, and case management process ;
- Become trained using Oasis Insight contact management software, Ensuring that 3SquaresVT outreach activities are tracked and recorded as needed for program evaluation and reporting to funding agencies;
- Follow up with clients who have expressed interest in applying for 3SquaresVT;
- Receive incoming phone calls and assist clients in applying for 3SquaresVT —submit applications and all required documentation as requested by Outreach Manager and State of Vermont;
- Develop relationships with Vermont Department of Human Service offices and community stakeholders who are working to increase access to 3SquaresVT, advocate as necessary between clients and the State of Vermont;
- Provide excellent customer service to callers;
- Provide regular feedback to 3SquaresVT Outreach Manager regarding the quality of applications, progress toward goals, and client feedback;
- Provide education and 3SquaresVT application assistance to clients both in-person and via phone at various community sites, with a particular focus on underserved populations, e.g., seniors, veterans, immigrants.
- Produce monthly reports on the approval rating of submitted applications requested by Outreach Manager;
- Help the VFB’s 3SquaresVT Outreach Program maintain a statewide presence by serving as a resource to agencies and individuals who call with questions about 3SquaresVT;
- Maintain knowledge of current SNAP policies and procedures;
- Maintain 3SquaresVT application records and documents within the guidelines of 3SquaresVT Outreach manager (and legal requirements);
- Assist 3SquaresVT AmeriCorps Vista in recruiting, training and overseeing volunteers in the 3SquaresVT Outreach Program;
- Assist in scheduling home visit and agency visits;
- Work as part of a cross-functional team that is developing and implementing strategies to strengthen communities and address the root causes of hunger.