- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Marketing Coordinator Roland Foods
- Date Posted December 13, 2016
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Roland Foods is a NY-based specialty foods company founded in 1934 that operates as a platform to connect food producers and consumers globally. We are a “one-stop shop” for both common and hard-to-find ingredients as well as foreign delicacies and ethnic cuisine staples.
You can find Roland Foods wherever food is being shared, from market shelves to professional kitchens. We strive to make food more interesting and delicious by connecting food industry professionals, retailers and consumers to great ingredients from around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.rolandfood.com/Job description
When you travel to a foreign country, are you excited to peruse the aisles of a grocery store? Have you ventured in the deepest, darkest corners of Flushing to find the best Xiao Long Bao? Are your book shelves groaning under the weight of food memoires and cookbooks? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
This position coordinates and implements marketing communication projects around trade marketing, new product launches, market / supply-chain updates, special events and social media campaigns. This role works across all customer channels and segments to ensure we are positioning our trade brand appropriately to each type of customer. As part of the Customer Engagement Team, you will be part of driving marketing activities for Roland Foods and Roland® Products both internally and externally.
- Promoting the Roland brand through education and connecting more closely with distributors and operators.
- Provide tools around product knowledge and attributes to our sales organization and coordinate product trainings on new items and categories.
- Support the creation of close communication partnerships with all of Roland Foods’ partners, including distributors, culinary schools, food industry associations and online & print publications.
- Co-manage all social media accounts; create engaging and on-brand content for those outlets.
- Support all efforts to build out the company’s branding and help to implement digital sales campaigns.
- Participate to the creation of unique content pieces and marketing collateral supporting the Roland Brand, coordinating with in-house resources and free-lancers.
- Coordinate Salesforce-driven digital campaigns and the distribution of all content created by the Customer Engagement team.
- Managing and updating the marketing content of our extensive product portfolio (+1,500 products).
- Update product sell sheet materials and marketing database for existing product to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Collaborate with our supplier base to gather information and integrate their product selection on our on-demand product catalog.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Passion and knowledge of food, cooking, and food writing.
- A high bar of excellence and ability to work well collaboratively.
- A can-do attitude: no task is too big or too small to ensure a successful day or project.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to respect deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Advertising, English, Marketing or the Culinary Arts.
- Open to candidates with relevant internship experience.