Farm Stand Manager Crossroad Farm
- Date Posted January 30, 2017
- Location Norwich, VT
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Crossroad Farm is seeking a capable and enthusiastic Farm Stand Manager to join our team. The Farm Stand is located in Norwich, Vermont, and will be opening for its first year under the ownership of Crossroad Farm in June 2017. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to work with a significant amount of autonomy, with the goal of establishing a successful and highly-regarded retail business.
The Farm Stand Manager is expected to provide leadership and management for this retail operation, in accordance with Crossroad Farm’s mission and goals. The Farm Stand has been in operation for 30+ years and is a cornerstone of the town of Norwich’s retail marketplace. As such, the Farm Stand Manager will be tasked with facilitating a positive transition from the former ownership to Crossroad.
This position requires an individual who is well organized, has strong communication skills, experience in retail sales, and a knowledge of and passion for local food and sustainable agriculture. This individual must be motivated and confident, flexible in their ability to work closely with Crossroad Farm management, and excited to grow a successful business in the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire. Primary job responsibilities extend from May through mid-November, with the possibility of part-time work during the winter months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all Farm Stand operations, including but not limited to managing vendor relationships, ordering and inventory, general cash management and daily reconciliation.
- Manage Farm Stand staff of 5-8 people, including hiring and training, creating schedules and maintaining an efficient retail team.
- Monitor and manage inventory to ensure freshness, excellent presentation, and a guarantee of the highest quality local produce in the area.
- Execute attractive merchandising including layout, signage and display.
- Implement appropriate and effective pricing and promotions.
- Work closely with Crossroad Farm management and crew to provide timely and accurate reports on sales, costs, inventory, and other related income and expenses.
- Collect and share feedback from customers and CSA members, working with Crossroad Farm management to provide the best possible customer experience.
- Manage all marketing communications, including email marketing to CSA members, Facebook marketing and regular contributions to the Upper Valley listserves.
This is a salaried position – compensation information is available upon request.