Cheesemaker Jasper Hill Farm Creamery
- Date Posted February 21, 2017
- Location Greensboro, VT
- Category Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Jasper Hill Cheesemakers are driven to their best. The work is physical, fast-paced and mentally stimulating. The capacity to think ahead to plan your workflow, stamina to keep moving, and ability to continually improve the process are essential. This role starts early, a majority of the time is spent cleaning, and it requires working at least one weekend day. Someone who enjoys fast paced production work can find deep satisfaction in creating a delicious product with a team that works well together. Tasting and evaluating the cheese produced is an important and tasty part of cheesemaking. Be a part of a team that has a sense of purpose and pride in the work they do.
- Follow recipes to produce a variety of cheeses
- Cleaning and sanitizing all cheesemaking and cheese care equipment
- Following established protocols for cheese quality and food safety
- Use of pH meter, moisture analyzer, and other technical equipment
- Record keeping to maintain cheesemaking database
- Assist in training visitors and new employees
- Detail- and process-oriented
- Reliable & dependable
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated asks questions, seeks information, shares concerns & problem solves
- Ability to work with others in a respectful, cooperative manner
- Ability to work on your feet for long stretches, and lift 60+ pounds
- Two years of production work or physical labor preferred
- Chemistry, Microbiology or culinary studies preferred
- This position is 40-45 hours a week.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resumé and 3 references.
Learn more about our company and open positions at www.jasperhillfarm.com/employmentCompensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $13.00 - $17.00 Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants How to apply