- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Program Associate Museum of Food and Drink
- Date Posted February 24, 2017
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
The Program Associate will report directly to the Program Manager and will be expected to meet monthly revenue and attendance targets for the museum's public programs. The Program Associate may also work with the program team to brainstorm and conceptualize new programs. This is an unprecedented opportunity to be part of the founding of New York City’s next great cultural institution.
Commitment: Part-time, 20 hours per week. Preferred schedule is Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 am to 4 pm, and Thursdays from 1 to 9 pm.
Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: $14.50 per hour
- Lead marketing and press for programs. Includes drafting eblasts and sample social media posts, and communicating with the museum's communications and social media team, as well as external partners (e.g. funders and corporate partners).
- Serve as a point of contact for potential speakers and presenters. Handle communications related to program planning, promotion, supply needs, and event logistics.
- Handle all logistics for programs, including scheduling, arranging speaker travel and accommodations, developing run of show, communicating with and supervising program volunteer team, procuring all necessary supplies (e.g. ingredients and serving supplies for tastings and receptions), and communicating with event volunteers.
- Oversee execution of all programs, including finalizing run of show with speakers, managing event volunteers, managing A/V, and managing both setup and breakdown.
- Plan and manage post-event receptions for certain programs.
- Track expenses for reporting.
- Occasionally assist with brainstorming and conceptualizing programs.
- Commitment to MOFAD’s educational mission
- At least one of the following:
- Demonstrated marketing or sales experience, with a track record of growing a client or audience base and meeting revenue targets OR
- Experience managing or running public programs in a museum setting, with a track record of attracting new and diverse audiences and strengthening audience engagement
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Comfort conversing with people from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, including academics, chefs, and journalists
- Event planning experience, ideally in food events
- Experience with CRM systems, ideally PatronManager or Salesforce
- At least 1 year professional experience
- Familiarity with New York City's cultural landscape preferred but not required
- Familiarity with topics in food history, culture, media, and science preferred but not required