Menu Tagger Tasted Menu
- Date Posted January 10, 2012
- Location Anywhere
- Category Education / Media
- Job Type Freelance
Tasted Menu is a website and forthcoming mobile app offering diners an unmatched way to discover the best restaurant dishes. We accomplish this by combining dish reviews and photos from our passionate user community ("taste") with our highly proprietary, company-generated culinary taxonomy and menu database ("menu"). Our start-up aims to become the primary destination for anyone who finds themselves asking: "What's good to eat here?", "Where can I find the best?", or "What are people eating right now?".
About the Position:
As a Menu Tagger at Tasted Menu, you'll be a connoisseur of "tagging," i.e. classifying, dishes on restaurant menus. Specifically, menu tagging involves utilizing our robust and unprecedented culinary taxonomy to apply cuisine, dish, and ingredient tags to restaurant dishes. As our ideal candidate, you are...
- Enyclopedic in your culinary knowledge. In-depth expertise in specific areas, particularly major international cuisines and food categories, is especially compelling.
- Passionate about restaurants and, of course, restaurant menus. An hour spent reading Eater or browsing Art of the Menu is like heaven for you.
- Obsessively meticulous and thorough. The ability to grasp, internalize, and implement guidelines is a must. You are invigorated, tenacious, and indefatigable in the face of tasks requiring acute and sustained attention to detail.
Menu Taggers are contractors of Tasted Menu. Some further details...
- Work is conducted via our sleek and efficient content management system and can be performed from anywhere in the United States, though being based close to the company in our home market of Boston is a big positive.
- While hours are flexible, we're seeking individuals prepared to commit at least 20 and ideally 40 hours per week to this role. The more hours available to commit, the more compelling the candidate.
- Activity will commence at the start of February. We have an intense pipeline of work through early March and hope to continue expanding this pipeline as the year progresses.
- Compensation is calculated per "task" completed. The average Menu Tagger will earn hourly compensation of approximately $12.00. However, skilled and efficient performers will have the ability to earn significantly more.
Note that the Menu Tagger role is one of two roles comprising the Menu Curator position at Tasted Menu. The job description for the other role, Menu Aggregator, can be found at...http://www.mediabistro.com/joblistings. For those interested, it is possible for a Menu Curator with the right qualifications to be both a Menu Aggregator and Menu Tagger. Please apply separately to each role and note this in your application. Compensation this position is PAID How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline