- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Communications Coordinator Georgia Organics
- Date Posted March 28, 2017
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Georgia Organics is a member supported, non-profit organization connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. We believe local, organic food has the ability to create stronger communities. Our mission is to make local, organic food more accessible by connecting Georgia families & Georgia farmers.
We have three key goals:
- Increase the number of organic and sustainable farmers in Georgia
- Increase the number of children participating in farm to school programs
- Increase the number of Georgians eating local, organic food
The Communications Coordinator conveys Georgia Organics' programmatic impact to the public, strengthens our brand, strategically leverages digital platforms to remain relevant, and builds donor and stakeholder loyalty and trust through effective storytelling. The position reports directly to the Director of Programs and includes the following responsibilities:
Content Management & Production
- Develop and oversee implementation of an annual communications and marketing plan for Georgia Organics and work with each department to execute it.
- Coordinate production of key communication tools and publications, including a print newsletter (circulation 10,000+), Good Food Guide app, blog posts, website content and updates, social media posts, press releases, and monthly email newsletters, juggling both hard news and feature-style pieces.
- Manage and ensure consistent use of the Georgia Organics brand, including logo usage, style guide, and messaging.
- Produce and update collateral materials that promote the organization and its goals.
- Use analytics to drive strategic content decisions across the website, newsletters, social media, and external media.
- Secure external media coverage of Georgia Organics’ programmatic impact in traditional broadcast and print formats as well as external blogs and online outlets.
- Assist with the identification and cultivation of relationships with key digital influencers, bloggers, and trade media.
- Produce and manage content for Facebook (30,000 followers), Twitter (15,000 followers), and Instagram (3,000 followers), including coordination of Georgia Organics staff to contribute to content.
- Manage social media and email blast calendars, including coordinating Georgia Organics staff contributions, to ensure a variety of timely content and prevent over-contacting subscribers.
Events & Development
- Assist in the creation of Georgia Organics marketing materials for prospective donors, members, sponsors, exhibitors, and other partners.
- Lead communications strategy, develop promotional materials and provide on-site communication support for Georgia Organics’ annual conference and other special events such as Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival.
- Work with Development staff to increase membership, communicate member benefits, promote special giving days, generate revenue from publications/digital platforms from advertisers and/or sponsors, and produce fundraising materials.
- Coordinate projects with freelance graphic designers and other contractors, as needed.
- Manage the annual Communications budget.
- Supervise Communications interns.
- Respond to communications-related constituent inquiries.
- Maintain digital security and assist with technical issues.
- Oversee partnership with Good Food Jobs.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated excellence in internal and external teamwork, collaboration & coordination.
- Experience in a fast-paced team environment.
- Nimble editing and writing skills utilizing a range of tones and formats for various audiences
- Experience with storytelling and/or narrative-style writing
- Strong proofreading skills & mastery of syntax and grammar.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Aversion to jargon.
- Strong cultural sensitivity and respect for the diverse fabric of Georgia’s agricultural community.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a strong team.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, or other related field, and a minimum of two years’ experience in related field, or a combination of a high school diploma and at least eight years of related experience.
- Web content management.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- 1-2 years of social media experience in a professional setting.
- Experience producing electronic newsletters and managing subscriber list.
- Interest in sustainable agriculture.
Preferred but not required
- Experience cultivating an institutional voice.
- Familiarity with media relations.
- Published writing (in print or online).
- Managing WordPress websites.
- Mobile app creation and management.
- Experience creating and editing multimedia: photography, videography, and/or graphic design.
- Familiarity with donor databases, experience with eTapestry a plus.
The Communications Coordinator is a full-time position working 40 hours a week. The salary range for this position is from $37,000 to $40,000 and includes health insurance, retirement investment options, and generous vacation. Some regional travel is required, up to 10% of the time.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $37,000.00 - $40,000.00 Application instructions