Meat and Dairy Stocker Bartlett's Ocean View Farm
- Date Posted April 19, 2017
- Location Nantucket, MA
- Category Business
- Job Type Summer Job
We are the largest and oldest family-owned farm on Nantucket with more than 125 acres of cultivated fields, several acres of certified organic fields and an increasing number of organic greenhouses. We sell our fresh produce in our specialty food market, where we also offer prepared foods using the freshest ingredients- often produce still warm from the sun. While we do not have a restaurant, we have regular Farm-to-Table dinners and special events held in our beautiful Garden Center when the season permits.
- To deliver exceptional Farm fresh produce, goods and services
- To give an enjoyable, memorable experience to our customers and staff
- To be a sustainable, responsible part of Nantucket Island and its community
Customer Service and Teamwork are key elements of this position and the Farm in general.
We pride ourselves on our ability to surprise and delight our customers so we are looking for engaged and interested staff members who have a desire to learn about our products and share that knowledge with our customers.
Housing is expensive and difficult to find on Nantucket so we are able to offer shared/dormitory style housing for $150/week.
- Provides courteous and attentive service to customers by answering questions, directing them to products, and keeping the Farm stand clean and orderly. Stays familiar with retail layout and products.
- Responsible for maintaining and stocking product displays. Ensures products are properly rotated, organized, stocked, labeled and clean.
- Communicates to Market Manager or Assistant Manager when low on/out of product.
- Responsible for keeping the retail facilities clean and organized. Removes trash and recycling, sweeps floors, and dusts display areas.
- May assist with other duties as needed such as bagging groceries, sweeping, organizing and cart retrieval.
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It should be expected that from time to time, other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned, and therefore, required.
Must demonstrate interpersonal and organizational skills. Some stocking experience preferred. Familiarity with point of sales systems preferred, but not required. Must possess strong work ethic be physically fit and able to stand and lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.Nantucket is an amazing place to spend the summer! Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline