Stone Valley Community Market is a modern take on an old concept--a store where folks can get the staples they need for their larders--from fresh, local produce, meats, baked goods and dairy products to high-quality loose bulk foods such as flour, beans, grains and spices for economical shopping and food preparation, to alternative health- and body-care products, Fair Trade goods, and environmentally-friendly home cleaning products.
General Manager Stone Valley Community Market
- Date Posted April 20, 2017
- Location Poultney, VT
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Conveniently located in Poultney’s historic business district, we are a cooperatively-owned business with the mission of offering community members of all income levels nutritious and reasonably-priced food and products. We hope that our cozy atmosphere and room to gather will serve the community as a place to catch up with friends and neighbors, participate in or attend in-store programs, and function as a center for community food initiatives.Everyone is welcome to shop, volunteer or attend programs. Membership is encouraged, and members receive extra benefits, including special promotions and coupons.
Ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Understanding of financial statements & impacts; knowledge of budget management
- Familiarity with industry standards, margins, and profitability
- Retail experience - ideally in the natural foods industry
- Ability to work well with others in a friendly, cooperative environment where teamwork and constant communication are essential
- Ability to manage staff and juggle multiple obligations and issues as they arise
- Effective communication skills: written, verbal and computer (Excel, Word, Email)
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, strategic thinking, team collaboration and a positive attitude
- Ability to follow through on commitments and meet objectives effectively under pressure
- Willingness to grow professionally to meet the changing requirements of the job
The General Manager oversees all aspects of day-to-day operations and improves them as necessary while meeting organizational goals as established by the Board of Directors. The General Manager is hired and supervised by the SVCM Board of Directors and abides by the co-op Bylaws and Governance Policies. The General Manager is responsible for fiscal health of the co-op while maintaining a comprehensive natural foods grocery selection that is well organized, dependably stocked and meets the needs of the customer.
The General Manager will oversee proper training and supervision of employees, correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise in addition to providing clear and accurate financial reports to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
More information: SVCM General Manager Responsibilities
Compensation: This is a full-time, paid position and compensation will be negotiated based on experience/qualifications.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(subject line: GM application) no later than May 15, 2017. Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply