Co-Cheese Maker Cricket Creek Farm +1 more
- Date Posted April 21, 2017
- Location Williamstown, MA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Cheese maker must have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, and experience in sanitation and maintenance of a creamery. Work includes involvement in all aspects of running our farmstead creamery.
Desired Qualifications Include
- 1-2 years of cheese making experience
- Very much in love with cheese
- Comfort teaching others
- Excitement for working with a small and growing company
- Work with our existing cheese maker in a collaborative team environment
- Overseeing the production of all the cheeses in our current repertoire (8 cheeses).
- Taking the lead on enforcing the maintenance and sanitation protocols. This includes all equipment maintenance in the creamery.
- Teaching apprentices all facets of cheese making, both informally (during the work day) and also during cheese school on occasional afternoons.
- Troubleshoot recipes/inconsistencies with the products as needed and help apprentices refine their practices and work out problems with the cheeses as appropriate.
- Maintaining all required records, inventories, recipes, and data collected.
- Enforcing schedules, bringing an upbeat and positive attitude, being a leader on the farm. We expect the person in this position to always be on time, always stick to a tight schedule, keep other people on track, and bring positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.