Co-Cheese Maker Cricket Creek Farm +1 more
- Date Posted April 21, 2017
- Location Williamstown, MA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Cheese maker must have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, and experience in sanitation and maintenance of a creamery. Work includes involvement in all aspects of running our farmstead creamery.
Desired Qualifications Include
- 1-2 years of cheese making experience
- Very much in love with cheese
- Comfort teaching others
- Excitement for working with a small and growing company
- Work with our existing cheese maker in a collaborative team environment
- Overseeing the production of all the cheeses in our current repertoire (8 cheeses).
- Taking the lead on enforcing the maintenance and sanitation protocols. This includes all equipment maintenance in the creamery.
- Teaching apprentices all facets of cheese making, both informally (during the work day) and also during cheese school on occasional afternoons.
- Troubleshoot recipes/inconsistencies with the products as needed and help apprentices refine their practices and work out problems with the cheeses as appropriate.
- Maintaining all required records, inventories, recipes, and data collected.
- Enforcing schedules, bringing an upbeat and positive attitude, being a leader on the farm. We expect the person in this position to always be on time, always stick to a tight schedule, keep other people on track, and bring positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline