Sous Chef Sofra Bakery
- Date Posted April 21, 2017
- Location Cambridge, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Want to work in a place that Padma Lakshmi considers one of the top 5 hidden gems in the world?
We love and respect the regional food traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean. Sofra is about reinterpreting those traditions to make them accessible and inspiring for their guest. Executive Chef, and James Beard Award winner, Ana Sortun is renowned for demystifying unique ingredients and finding an affinity between cultures.
In Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and hospitality. At Sofra bakery, we focus on high quality food production and quick service. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our employees and support individuals professional and personal growth that wish to further their career development within the food industry.
Sous Chef, Sofra Bakery
Sofra Bakery is seeking enthusiastic candidates for a sous chef position. We are looking for a dependable, hard working, and motivated individual interested in Middle Eastern cuisine, and genuinely passionate about food and overall customer experience. This position will be responsible for leading and overseeing service and production along with the Chef de cuisine.
We offer a professional working environment focused on producing scratch Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine along with new and traditional pastries and baked goods. Sofra is known for its excellent work environment, supportive staff, and positive approach to management and staff development.
Founded by Maura Kilpatrick and Ana Sortun, Sofra approaches cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility, with strong Turkish influences, and features unique spice combinations and many vegetables grown by Ana’s husband at Siena Farms.
- Must be available to work weekends and late nights
- Have management experience
- Have 2 years experience in a professional kitchen environment
- Have experience with food ordering/costing and monthly inventory
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen basics, cleanliness, and safety
- Be efficient with time management/organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to maintain a positive, even tempered attitude and motivate others to perform well
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline