Senior Kitchen Manager Clover Food Lab +1 more
- Date Posted April 25, 2017
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
We want everybody to eat Clover someday. To make this happen we need the best team members in the industry working at Clover.
Clover Food Lab is a growing empire of restaurants in the Boston area using fine dining techniques to celebrate locally sourced food at prices everyone can afford.Job Description
We want everybody to eat Clover someday. To make this happen we need the best leaders in the industry. Our commissary kitchen in East Cambridge is the heart of our operation.
The future of food is happening here. We have no freezers in the entire company, and this fact defines our food. We work with the highest percentage of local and organic food of any restaurant in the Northeast. We receive produce directly from MA farms and turn it into the delicious food we’ve come to be known for. We host weekly food development meetings. We work carefully and quickly. We taste a lot. If you come to work in our kitchen, you’ll get to work with a talented team with long-term experience in the food industry.
The Senior Kitchen Manager position is an opportunity for entry into senior leadership within Clover. This role reports directly to both the Director of Food and VP of Food. Both of who started with Clover during year one, responsible for a large portion of company growth and development. They will serve as mentors to the Senior Kitchen Manager.
The Senior Kitchen Manager will contribute improving systems, efficiencies and training within the commissary. You will be responsible for producing clean, beautiful food, training employee’s knife skills, cooking technique and how to taste food. You will also work hand in hand with the logistics department to ensure production meets company par requirements.
The Senior Kitchen Manager will be responsible for maintaining established food and labor cost percentages.
We’re hoping you’re here because you love food too, because you want to be part of something important, and you like hard work. Clover is growing quickly, and we’re constantly hiring and promoting.
- Manage the Clover kitchen team through direct coaching of Team Leaders, Assistant Managers and Junior Kitchen Managers
- Oversee and delegate administrative tasks in the kitchen
- Train, lead and develop production teams
- Pass (and eventually teach) Clover Knife Skills 1, 2 & 3
- Responsible for hiring and retention of kitchen team
- Implement changes made to production and logistics
- Ensure food safety, HACCAP guidelines and sanitation practices
- Execute high quality food production; create clean and beautiful food everyday
- Participate in menu development
- Responsible for food and labor cost percentages
- Oversee a growing team of 40+ employees
- Attend Manager Training courses in communications, finance and people development
- Attend weekly Manager Meetings
The Human Resources department may invite you to participate in a Practical Interview. This gives you the opportunity to interview us. Applicants experience the job hands on, get to know the staff and gain a better understand Clover culture. Additionally, we use the face-to-face interaction as an opportunity to get to know you better.
- 5 years minimum experience managing others in foodservice
- Experience in high-volume kitchen production management
- Have experience managing the financial performance of an operation grossing over 10 million
- ServSafe and Allergen Certification
- Have a passion for food and a willingness to expand your palate
- Have passion for developing and building teams
- Basic understanding of ordering and managing production of pars
- Easily able to adapt to change, welcoming of challenges
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others in a fast paced environment
- A positive attitude and a willingness to work to high standards
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Eligible for quarterly bonus based on over all company YOY sales growth
- Eligible to participate in year end bonus based on tenure and other qualitative metrics
- Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
- Free cooking classes
- Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes (custom knife when you pass)
- Opportunities to attend food sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
- Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
- Fitness Pay-Back Program
- Full health, vision and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
- Company paid Life & Disability benefits
- Company paid Hubway Bike Program membership
- Company paid Weekly CSA Farm Share Program
- Opportunity to learn, grow and build a meaningful career
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline