General Manager Clover Food Lab +1 more
- Date Posted April 25, 2017
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
We want everybody to eat Clover someday. To make this happen we need the best team members in the industry working at Clover.
Clover Food Lab is a growing empire of restaurants in the Boston area using fine dining techniques to celebrate locally sourced food at prices everyone can afford.Job Description
At Clover, restaurants are run by a General Manager, who’s responsibilities include building a team, leading them to make beautiful food and developing meaningful relationships with the customers. As a General Manager, you will work to make your restaurant the center of food in your area, including outreach to local community groups, schools, business leaders, etc. You’ll lead a team of up to 45 Clover employees, including up to 3 Assistant Managers. You’ll share financially in the profitability of the restaurant you’re running. You’ll contribute ideas that will make Clover a better company.
All General Managers are required to:
- Work closely with Assistant Managers, Team Leaders and Team Members to provide the best possible service to guests
- Actively recruit, orient, train and develop all in store employees
- Execute all administrative duties specifically cost control for food and labor
- Manage promotions to help grow store sales and customer base
- Manage cash
- Assist in monitoring operations and carrying out corrective actions
- Understand and follow all company policy and procedures
- Execute serving the best tasting food
- Attend General Manager training classes and weekly Manager Meetings
- Join team in day-to-day restaurant duties
Human Resources department may invite you to participate in a Practical Interview. This gives you the opportunity to interview us. Applicants experience the job hands on, get to know the staff and gain a better understand Clover culture. Additionally, we use the face-to-face interaction as an opportunity to get to know you better.
General Managers must have:
- 3-5 years experience as a restaurant manager or executive chef
- Experience managing teams of 30+
- ServSafe Certified, current
- Allergen Awareness Certification, current
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others
- Experience developing strong culinary teams
- Acute financial management skills
- A passion for food, a positive attitude and a willingness to work to high standards
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Eligible for quarterly bonus based on YOY sales growth
- Eligible for year end bonus based on tenure
- Opportunity to learn, grow and build a meaningful career
- Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
- Free cooking classes
- Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes (custom knife when you pass)
- Opportunities to attend food sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
- Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
- Fitness Pay-Back Program
- Full health, vision and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
- Company paid Life & Disability benefits
- Company paid Hubway Bike Program membership
- Company paid Weekly CSA Farm Share Program
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline