Artisan Cheesemaker Southern Aged
- Date Posted April 25, 2017
- Location Chattahoochee Hills, GA
- Category Production
- Job Type Full-Time
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about mastering the art of artisan cheesemaking.
At our creamery 25 miles south of Atlanta, we make a Clothbound Cheddar, a Gruyere-style, a Raclette-style and a Blue cheese. We have plans to build a new creamery in an urban environment, directly adjacent to Atlanta’s Beltline and neighboring other food-centric businesses such as a gelato producer, specialty pickle producer and three craft brewers. In addition to our European-style cheeses, we will reguarly produce special edition cheeses incorporating, among other ingredients, beer from Georgia craft brewers. The successful candidate would begin in the role immediately at our current creamery and move with us to the Atlanta creamery upon completion.
This individual will have the opportunity to train under an experienced cheesemaker to learn the essentials of cheesemaking and the specifics of our cheese recipes.
After an initial time period, there will be an opportunity in this role for performance-based bonuses.
- Understand and master the recipes for our European-style cheeses
- Meet production demands and schedules as defined by leadership
- Ensure cheese quality standards are met and orders fulfilled on time
- Operate in detail within Microsoft Office to track batches of cheese through production, affinage, and shipment
- Perform affinage, which will include the washing, flipping and piercing of wheels
- Coordinate the packing and shipping of cheese to customers and distributors
- 5 years of experience in a professional kitchen is desired
- Hands-on experience making cheese is ideal, but we will consider professional brewing or other food production
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to lead by example (demonstrate strong work ethic, positive attitude, etc.)
- Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs