FOH Team Leader BirchTree Bread Company
- Date Posted April 26, 2017
- Location Worcester, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Who are We?
~We are an artisan bakery with a bread centric menu that focuses on using local and organic ingredients.
~We are committed to providing the best service and products to our customers in a community based setting.
~We are passionate about our trade of making naturally leavened bread, specialty sandwiches, hearth baked pizzas, creating specialty coffee drinks, pouring local beer, and using local and seasonal resources as much as possible.Job Description
The Team Leader is responsible for the successful operation of the front of the house and dining area. The Team Leader also works with owners to keep our team and store aligned with our company's core values and to resolve customer questions and complaints with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. The Team Leader embodies a cafe and workplace culture that is high-performing as well as welcoming and is able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining grace under pressure.
They must be professional, organized, respectful, and check with owners before making any major decisions regarding the bakery. He/she assumes responsibility of all BirchTree Bread Company standards and procedures during their scheduled shift. They are also responsible for helping to troubleshoot inefficiencies and assist in creating new procedures for better service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and motivates the FOH team giving supervision and support for staff to ensure standards and procedures are understood and kept
- Manages coffee, tea, and beverage ordering and inventory
- Manages retail area and documents what needs to be ordered
- Ensures that all coffee drinks meet BirchTree’s standards and recipes are followed at all times
- Trains all new FOH employees and provides ongoing training for all FOH staff - continuing the education and dialogue of product and service
- Acts as a liaison between the front and back of the house- communicating all relevant information between the staff on a daily basis
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean work area and dining area
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic by example, including using proper food-handling techniques and following TIPS service standards
- Ensure that all stations and bathroom remain stocked before, during, and after the meal period
- Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time, day in and day out.
- Maintain smooth store operations.
- Take initiative and be accountable.
- Work effectively within your team.
- Effective execution of any duties delegated by kitchen manager and owners.
- Correctly and effectively cashes out cash drawers and keeps track of needed change
- Ensures correct closing procedures and optimal cleanliness before allowing staff to leave
- Organization and planning
- Aggressiveness and tactfulness
- Follow through on commitments
- Intelligence and positive attitude
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail while seeing the big picture
OTHER CORE COMPETENCIES
- Grace under pressure.
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong work ethic.
- High yet realistic expectations of self as well as others.
- Listening and communication skills.
- Open-minded and coachable.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline