Crossroad Farm is a sixty acre vegetable farm in Post Mills, VT, one half mile from Lake Fairlee. For over 35 years our extended family and crew have been practicing sustainable agriculture. We grow a wide variety of vegetables, specializing in greens and tomatoes, as well as strawberries, melons, flowers, and bedding plants. Our produce is sold at our two farm stands and delivered to restaurants and grocery stores throughout the area.
Crossroad Farm is seeking a capable and enthusiastic Farm Stand Member to join our team. The Farm Stand is located in Norwich, Vermont and will be opening for it's first year under new ownership on June 1st, 2017. This stand has been in operation for 30+ years and is a cornerstone of Norwich's retail marketplace. As such, a new farm stand member will be helping facilitate a positive transition from the former owner to Crossroad Farm.
This position requires an individual who is well organized, has strong personal skills, experience in retail and a knowledge of and passion for local food and sustainable agriculture. This individual must be motivated, confident and excited! Primary job responsibilities extend from June to mid-November. Both part time and full time positions are available, with expectations of one weekend shift per week.
- working with customer and retail relations, including but not limited to operating a cash register, answer produce questions, caring for plants, restocking, pricing and organizing inventory
- gaining knowledge all merchandise to better help and serve customers
- help in painting the highest quality of local produce out of shelves
- help in creating and maintaining attractive merchandising and displays
- work closely with Farm Stand Management
- must be able to lift 30 lbs. individually and 50 lbs. with assistance and be comfortable with a highly active work environment