Farm Manager Merck Forest & Farmland Center
- Date Posted May 08, 2017
- Location Rupert, VT
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Merck Forest & Farmland Center is currently seeking a Farm Manager for our 62-acre farm.
The Farm Manager oversees all of MFFC's farm buildings, equipment, and operations including all horticulture and livestock, ensuring a focus on the demonstration of sustainable, mission aligned practices, public engagement, as well as staff and constituent education.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing all aspects of MFFC's horticulture program including orchards, vegetable gardens and berries.
- Ensuring animal welfare by managing the appropriate species and number of animals that MFFC can effectively handle and managing the purchasing, care, breeding, marketing, and husbandry practices used.
- Coordinating the maintenance of all farm buildings and infrastructure
- Maintaining all the MFFC Farm machinery and equipment
- Planning and supervising the farm education program. This includes guiding tours and training/teaching apprentices, interns and the public.
- Collaborating with the education director to supply and develop appropriate curriculum for the agricultural component of MFFC's apprenticeship program. This involves recommending appropriate farm-related events for the apprentices/interns to attend throughout the course of their apprenticeship.
For a complete description click www.merckforest.org/employment.php
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline