Restaurant Manager Contemporary Italian Restaurant
- Date Posted May 15, 2017
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
North End, Boston, Mass 02113
The Restaurant Manager is responsible to oversee the day to day operations and activities of the restaurant. You will be responsible for developing, directing, and supervising employees to help attain sales and profit objectives. Daily shift management includes all Servers, Bussers, Food Runners, Hosts, Bartenders and Bar backs.
- Responsible for overall guest satisfaction including managing our standards of food quality, beverages, cleanliness, organization and sanitation.
- Understand, comply and enforce our companies' policies, procedures, and operating standards, based on our employee handbook.
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring, food, beverage, and service; initiate improvements; build relationships with guests.
- Assist with selection, training and development of all restaurant team members.
- Will assist with preparation and execution of private events.
- Report daily to owners and Chef/Owner.
- Display ability to work with general computer operations, including reservations (Open Table) and Point of Sales (ALOHA)
- Be able to communicate professionally in English, conversational skills in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task and recognize that the guests interests and needs come first.
- Ability to lift 25lbs. and be able to move throughout crowded restaurant and bar areas.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as business dictates.