Editorial Web Intern culture: the word on cheese
- Date Posted May 16, 2017
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Media
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
We are currently accepting applications for our fall internship cycle. Why intern for culture? culture is America’s first and best magazine dedicated to cheese. Interns get valuable insight into the modern publishing industry while also enjoying pounds upon pounds of the best cheeses on earth. Come and work alongside our small and talented staff on articles for the magazine, cheese events, photo shoots, social media marketing, and more.
All internships are based in Boston, 16-24 hours per week, and offer flexible scheduling.
Writing & Editing: Interns are asked to write short pieces for the website daily. In addition, you may be asked to write for the newsletter or magazine. Pieces also need to be proofed and edited to make sure they match our style guide. In addition, all pieces for the culture blog and magazine are fact checked within an inch of their lives and you will likely help with this.
Social Media Management: Each intern is asked to manage a specific social media platform. This includes scheduling posts, responding to comments and questions, and recording analytics. Our social media channels include Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Blogging: Most interns are asked to complete a blog series. Here are some examples of past interns’ series:
- Distant Cheeses, Local Farmers by Molly McDonough
- Real Cheese Product by Grant Bradley
- Cheese Personality by Natalie Gardino
- Writing chops: Our interns write each and every day.
- Attention to detail: No comma escapes your notice.
- Love of cheese: Seriously, we eat a lot of cheese.
- Great attitude: We work in controlled chaos… and it’s fun!
- Experience with blogging or social media.
- Photography skills a plus, but not required.
Fall internships last from late August/early September to early/mid-December. Interns must be available to work in our office, no telecommuting (sorry! it’s for your own good, you’ll learn more this way).Compensation this position is UNPAID: college credit How to apply