Sales Manager Truly Living Well Center for Natural
- Date Posted May 18, 2017
- Location East Point, GA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
We Grow Food: Truly Living Well is dedicated to using the most sustainable methods of farming to protect the environment and provide you with quality produce. Our food is free of synthetic pesticides, harmful fertilizers and GMOs. You can have confidence that our food is naturally good and locally grown.
We Grow People: TLW is the center for natural urban agricultural education. Through summer camps, workshops and training programs we teach best practices in natural urban agriculture to all ages.
We Grow Community: Our goal is to create a culture of health and wellness in our community. Our programs and activities provide agriculture training, nutrition education, and job creation. Job Description
Position Title: Sales Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Rate: Base Plus Commission
Supervisor: Farm Manager
Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture Seeks Sales Manager to Build Customers and Clients for Natural and Organic Produce
Position Objective: The Sales Manager (SM) will be responsible for generating sales from Truly Living Well (TLW) produce and products. Sales revenue is an important source of earned income for the not for profit organization. The SM will work with TLW leadership team develop new sources of revenue through farm operations and program services.
- Increase revenue capacity at TLW farmers market; oversee market operations.
- Promote, market and generate new clients in Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
- Generate sales of produce to restaurants, wholesalers, and food stores.
- Generate and develop new accounts through cold calling.
- Design professional demonstrations or presentations of food products.
- Assist in developing marketing strategies for produce, products and brand.
- Liaison between CEO, Farm Manager and customers for up-to-date conditions on pricing, and seasonal produce.
- Survey current market prices to determine competitive prices for produce on weekly basis. Establish price structure for TLW market produce and products.
- Work with accountant to maintain accurate records of TLW sales; weigh and record all produce. Will prepare weekly sales reports.
- Demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy, and good customer service at all times.
- Work with other department leaders to achieve organization mission, goals and program objectives.
- Understanding of natural and organic food industry, and experience in farming and agriculture.
- At least three years of experience in outside sales and customer service.
- Experience with cold calls and developing new clients.
- Degree in any field of sales and marketing a plus.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working well with diverse communities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive.
- Integrity, honesty, flexibility and cooperative spirit.
- Work in farm, greenhouse, outdoor environment and in office.
- Must be able to bend, climb, and lift at least 40 lbs. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Reliable transportation needed. Must have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
The successful applicant will work well under deadlines and with teams, be self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple projects to meet sales goals.Compensation this position is PAID: contract How to apply