Cheesemonger-in-Chief Curds & Co.
- Date Posted June 08, 2017
- Location Brookline, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Curds & Co. is on a mission to bring great cheese and happiness to the people.
Were a new neighborhood cut-to-order cheese store in Brookline Village and we are going to conquer this ambitious mission day-after-day by building a 21st Century cheese store. We are layering all the important parts of sourcing, buying, and selling cheese in a mom-and-pop-sized shop with a delicious and rigorous core of startup strategies, know-how, and data. We will sell cut-to-order cheese and pairings, teach classes, host events, sell wholesale to the local restaurants, and offer a cheese subscription service.Job Description
You might be who were looking for if:
- You are a senior cheesemonger looking for a great place to put your roots down and build something big and meaningful.
- You are a seasoned junior cheesemonger who is looking to level-up and fully commit to the world of stinky, gooey, brothy, grassy, lactic cheese with a load of ideas youve been dreaming up but until now have had no say in implementing them.
- You are a cheesemonger who always wanted to open their own store but just didnt have the means to do it alone.
Why youd want to work here:
- You think traditional cheese stores can be intimidating and you want to help run the most amazing and least intimidating cheese store that ever was.
- You want to wake up every morning excited to check on your cheeses and share them with your really smart and curious local clientele.
- Youve always wanted to build your own optimal cheese inventory and show off your seasonal favorites.
- You cant think of anything more delicious than finding unusual, extraordinary food pairings for cheese.
- You like working outside-the-box if it makes work easier, people happier, and you heart gladder.
- You believe in working smarter and not harder.
- You love the idea of educating the customer through day-to-day interactions, our own videos, signage, and classes.
- You like to attend events like ACS, the Fancy Food Show, and would love to compete in Cheesemonger Invitational, and take the CCP test one day.
- You are stoked that you get to help develop our cool "cheese & pairing" subscription service, Curdbox.
- You want to make big cheesy ideas happen.
- Bachelor's Degree Bonus points if food related
- Significant retail cheese experience you know your way around a cheese case
- Managerial experience you know how to boss people around in the nicest way
- Developed cheese point of view you know what you like and why and you can talk about it
- Social Media Proficiency youve got accounts and you know how to use them
- Cheese education chops you enjoy developing and teaching classes
- Physically capable youll be cracking open Parm and working on your feet
- Basic accounting skills a plus what you dont know, youre willing to learn
- Passion for and understanding of wine, olives, and charcuterie a plus
- Wicked sense of humor laughter makes the day fly