Resort PM Rooms Manager Barnsley Resort
- Date Posted June 19, 2017
- Location Adairsville, GA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
About Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia:
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the “10 Best Southern Resorts” by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, “10 Best Spas in Atlanta” by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.Job Description
PM Rooms Manager
Reports to: Front Office Manager & Executive Housekeeper
Department: Guest Services
Scope and General Purpose
Barnsley Resort is looking for an experienced and motivated hospitality professional to help oversee rooms operations. Reporting to the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper the Rooms Manager shall lead and coordinate with the Front Office and Housekeeping departments to ensure guest satisfaction. This individual will be an indispensable part of the day to day operations of the resort!
The Rooms Manager is expected to uphold the highest standards of professionalism while also exuding a sense of genuine warmth in all interactions with guests AND colleagues. They will be intimately familiar with the entire property and all of its amenities, including the history of the Barnsley Family and the how the resort came to be. They will also be extremely well versed with the expectations and standard operating procedures of the Front Office and Housekeeping departments.
Operations, Administration & Maintenance:
- Ensure that all Front Office and Housekeeping duties scheduled for the morning have been completed.
- Help oversee the servicing and cleaning of all resort, public and functions rooms daily.
- Carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing.
- Maintain an orderly shift activity log, including room escorts, deliveries, luggage storage, guest assistance, special requests, housekeeping and maintenance calls.
- Assisting Front Office with remaining duties, especially arrival, coordinating and delegating tasks, and providing assistance to other departments if needed.
- Performing audits of Front Office and Housekeeping activities.
- Order and maintain supplies.
- Submit reports and purchasing records as required.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, responding promptly and acknowledging all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Creatively resolving and/or responding to all guest complaints, concerns and criticisms.
- Ensure the proactive building of guest histories.
- Observing the flow of guest and colleague activity in the evening, reporting tendencies and opportunities as needed.
- Assist in training and coaching all new Front Office and Housekeeping colleagues in accordance with resort standards.
- Ensuring the security of lost and found items through daily reporting and deposit of found goods into Lost and Found inventory.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately dressed and groomed.
- Ensure all staff know and follow correct safety and security practices.
- Complete daily reports of the day for the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper for their review.
- Acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
- Attend Management Meetings as required.
- Interview potential colleagues as instructed.
- A degree in hospitality or business management is an asset but not required. A secondary diploma is required
- Preference given to those with experience in Front Office Operations or customer service
- Previous experience with Maestro PMS a plus
- Competent with iPads/tablets/smart phones
- A vision for quality of work and excellence in service in all Front Office and Housekeeping areas
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent guest relation communication skills
- Excellent accounting skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
Essential duties require long periods of standing/sitting/walking, hearing, speaking, reading from a computer screen and keyboarding. Required to operate a golf cart safely at all times. The colleague must have normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication. Must be able to frequently lift and carry items up to 50 lbs. and occasionally items up to 75 lbs.
Duties are performed in both an indoor setting and out of doors in the weather. Incoming calls are frequent, work is fast paced and the noise level is moderate to loud.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however, it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply